ET traders fully automated

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by newbie2006, Sep 28, 2006.

1. man

man

all ears.

#21     Oct 3, 2006
  2. man

man

it is (to me) the same as "how good is your system?".
    and i think people who go fully automatic
    usually know it, even if they don't think it is the single
    most important figure.
    but easy, no offense whatsoever intended ...

#22     Oct 3, 2006
  3. squeeze

squeeze

Robustness is the only property that a system needs to have to make it worth while to automate.

Automation is mostly about getting better faster, executition. It also provides easier diversification by allowing a trader to trade more more markets than could be done by hand.

#23     Oct 3, 2006
  4. man

man

what is your expected return, vola, draw down?

#24     Oct 3, 2006
  5. squeeze

squeeze

SR is just above 2 but looking to improve this.

#25     Oct 3, 2006
  6. man

man

not bad. thnx.

(trade a sharpe of 2.0 for five years and you can retire peacefully ... :))

#26     Oct 3, 2006
  7. I have a fully automated system. Well, almost. I rollover my futures, when I have to, manually. I could automate that too, but it's just as easy to do manually once every three months.

For those who don't like sharpe with system trading, it depends on how your system works. With short term trading, I agree that other measures, like expectancy, would be better. For long term systems (I hold positions for weeks at a time), sharpe is the best, but not the only measure.

#27     Oct 3, 2006
  8. I am. More details in an old post:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1032410&highlight=CME#post1032410

My system is entirely custom written. Do a search to find some of the older discussions threads regarding system development, etc.

#28     Oct 5, 2006
  9. Frey

Frey

I am. Self written FIX engine hooked to Fimat, ML, ABN, ARCA as well as self written market data storage database based on FAST specs. All application level activity is stored in MSSQL database.

#29     Oct 5, 2006
  10. squeeze

squeeze

Presumably you are using FAST for compression/decompression to and from the database?

Interesting idea. What is you average record size in the database?

#30     Oct 5, 2006