ET traders fully automated

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by newbie2006, Sep 28, 2006.

1. I wonder how many of you guys are using full automation (meaning no manual order enter or making decisions) ?

and for those guys posting in the P/L thread, any of you guys use automation ?

Another question for those who use automation, do you use third party package like wealth-lab or do you have your own built software ?

2. at work. some FIX stuff directly to the exchange.

theres a thread around here about this IB application that's fully automated.

3. ImamicPH,

Thanks for your contribution.

I have 2 questions:
    1- which thread you are referring to ?
    2- How are you connected directly to the exchange ? I thought you have to pass by a broker first, unless you are a member of the exchange, right ?

4. 1. http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=75311

2. As far as membership . . . I'd have to ask a guy at work. Futures . . . I know we're a member and we have a T1 line that runs into the building.

Stocks. Come to think of it we use goldman to clear and I think the automated stuff goes through Redi. I'm not 100%.

5. It's the ONLY way to trade! :cool:

6. elit

elit

I plan to be! :cool:

7. man

man

i have a machine at my broker and they are "working" my orders. i am reluctant to got fully automated before i have a very short term execution system that can beat VWAP. but i won't start working on that within the next six months ...

8. Automated via in-house platform written in C# and FIX.

I got it done just recently on my own using QuickFIX - MSSQL.

:) :) :)

9. guys, no more automated traders ? :)

10. icash55

icash55

For a few months now I have been trading FOREX fully automated. Using almost exclusively custom developed software and running a portfolio of systems simultaneously. But it wasn't easy, I have been working on this for more than 1.5 years, full time. Monitoring of the systems of course is still necessary, because problems such as quote/internet failures occasionally happen.

I'm happy to not have to look at charts all day, I find system development a lot more intelectually challenging. Since I'm an awful manual trader, I think automation is the only way to go for me.

Still too few trades generated to say much about the performance of my systems, but it's not bad for a start.

Regards

#10     Oct 3, 2006