ET Terrible site problems

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nitro, Jan 17, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

I am getting errors almost every time I try to browse ET. Here is some debug output:

Code:
    Error Executing Database Query.  
    Too many connections  

The error occurred in /Volumes/Sites/et_main/public/index.cfm: line 5

3 : <cfif IsDefined("cookie.bbuserid")>
    4 : <cfquery datasource="elitedata" name="get_user_info">
    5 : select username, ignorelist, lastvisit from user where userid = #cookie.bbuserid#
    6 : </cfquery>
    7 : <cfquery datasource="elitedata" name="get_unread_pms">

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQLSTATE   08004 
    SQL    select username, ignorelist, lastvisit from user where userid = 8288  
    VENDORERRORCODE   1040 
    DATASOURCE   elitedata 

Resources: 
    Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax. 
    Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem. 

Browser   Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) 
    Remote Address   127.0.0.1 
    Referrer    
    Date/Time   17-Jan-08 01:57 PM 

Stack Trace (click to expand)  
    at cfindex2ecfm802696536.runPage(/Volumes/Sites/et_main/public/index.cfm:5) 

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Too many connections
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:921)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2941)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:868)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.secureAuth411(MysqlIO.java:3355)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1238)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2743)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:1553)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:266)
    	at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool.createPhysicalConnection(JDBCPool.java:589)
    	at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.ConnectionRunner$RunnableConnection.run(ConnectionRunner.java:67)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

2. did you install any software on your PC or make any changes to your internet explorer/firefox options recently?

is your firewall/spyware software running?

Also, try shutting down your PC until it turns off and then restart (cold boot). sometimes is a magical fix...

3. nitro knows what he's doing.

I too get lots of connect problems, slow response etc as of late. The surfing experience here is not 'crisp' as before. but not terrible or even 'bad'.

I assume Baron is aware.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

No error messages for me but the site can be very slow from time to time. If I'm not mistaken Baron recently mentioned they were in the process of doing something with the servers.

5. Changing the duct tape?

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm aware of the issues, and I apologize for the inconvenience. We are in the midst of quite a few changes on the backend, but we will get it all sorted out over the next couple days.

7. Kewl, i get database error things all the time-does it REALLY send tech staff an email everytime? I kinda feel bad about that, maybe its the email aspect that overloads things:)

Of course, if you read nitro's thread title carefully, and slowly, there is a funny aspect.:D

8. i want to report you still got problems..

every time i post i can't conndct afterwards for about 5 mins..

startin to spook me.

better get it resolved ..soon
    or youj'll be livin off your trading profits alone

and whatevr else you've socked away :D

9. RL8093

RL8093

So that explains my ET "Death Screen" that is becoming a regular visitor on my monitors...
    [​IMG]

10. I keep getting the above screen also, on 2 separate computers.

#10     Jan 21, 2008