ET side security ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by milstar, Sep 7, 2005.

1. milstar

milstar

Gentlemen

Which of person from ET sended through e-mail from elitetrader information about relative of Guineja Bissay Commander of armed force with demand of assistance
    for investment of more as 6 mln $

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I banned that user but I'm probably going to remove the ability for people to use our site to reach you via email, as this is the second time in the last month that somebody has tried to spam using that method.

3. Bsulli

Bsulli

But that's such a great opportunity to help this poor general invest his money for a piece of the action. Surely it wasn't spam but only the truth in email form.

lol
    :D

4. TGregg

TGregg

The spammer just got me (and I banned his newest account). A new version of the Nigerian Oil Scam.

This is a message from jumping at Elite Trader's message board ( http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/index.php ).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear
    I do not know to what extent you are familiar with events and fragile political situation in my country Guinea-Bissau but it has formed consistent headlines in the CNN, BBC news bulletins.

I am Miss Nina Seabra Correia from the Republic of Guinea-Bissau i am the Daughter of Late Verissimo Seabra Correia My late father before his death was Commander of Guinea-Bissau's armed forces,My Father was kill by Guinea-Bissau President,in which he denyed.

The main reason why I am contacting you now is to seek you assistance in the area of my future investment and also for a help hand over some amount of money my Late father deposited for me as beneficiary.This money is Six Millon Eight Hundred Thousand United State Dollars my late father deposited for me some years ago,

I am in refugee camp in Dakar Senegal now.i came here after the death of my parents, i came to this country to search for a foreign partner to help me retrieve the money from the Bank and also help me relocate to your country and invest in real estate and industrial productions.

I have contacted them some many times what they told me was due to my refugee status they will not release it to me,that i should present somebody or a company to stand on my behalf. i am now asking you to pls help me stand on my behalf to make this claim,to stand as my partner oversea and in time of the investment as well

you can read about the death of my late father in this newspaper report
    http://www.boston.com/news/world/af...soldiers_stage_mutiny_kill_army_chief?mode=PF
    Please if you are willing to assist me,indicate your interest in replying soonest through this email:pleaseTakeMyMoney@BigDummy.com

waiting for your urgent responce,

Nina.

The way these scams work is they get your account number to supposedly wire in great piles of money, but they actually clean out your account instead. Or so I'm told.

5. TGregg

TGregg

6. If you want more exercise visit some of the links on the site.
    http://www.419eater.com/html/links.htm

7. An example why many ET'ers originally selected YES on their Edit Options page to block ET-originating email:

"Block Others from Sending You Email? yes
    Clicking yes prevents other members from being able to send you email through the site's mail feature.
    Even if you allow other members to send you email, your email address is not actually seen by them."