ET Reception at Chicago Traders Expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Baron, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Joe

Joe

Photo was taken with a sony digital, the treo has no intergrated flash.

NYSEProTrader
    We missed you over there, hope to see you at the Las Vegas show.

#31     Jul 18, 2005
  2. Great shots from the rib-bibs! Excellent!

#32     Jul 18, 2005

3. I think they should not schedule it the week of options expiration. Maybe that has nothing to do with it... but that's why I didn't make it downtown after registering... and was disappointed in that regard.

#33     Jul 18, 2005
  4. nlslax

nlslax

I don't see why not. Would be nice to just drive down I4 to attend.

#34     Jul 18, 2005
  5. I see the upcoming las vegas trade expo {december 13 to 16} will be right in the middle of the week? So will there be free ethernet connections for trading remote-------------hahahaha!

Antbody have an office to trade out of then?

#35     Jul 18, 2005
  6. I just wanted to pass on that the ET Reception was the best thing at the EXPO this year. The vendor participation was the worst I had ever seen and as far as I'm concerned will never waste my time traveling to another Chicago Expo. I heard that the Seminars has a weak but "ok" turnout but if that didn't interest you, you were sunk.

#36     Jul 19, 2005
  7. The Show could have a fine turn out ...if it had speakers who really were traders...and thus examplified what is really possible...

It is unfortunate that the Expo rests its economic goals with hucksters and charlatans who claim that their tools are best...when there is absolutely no eveidence that htis is the case...

And this is so easy...

This is the simplist of statistics....the data is what every trader readily has...it´s called monthly statements....

The Expo is riddled with book sellers...software sellers...cd sellers...seminar sellers...

But the real deal...simply is not at the expo...

Which is why it will always struggle to find fresh meat with ears ...

#37     Jul 19, 2005
  8. There was some interesting content ....
    I could not attend but sent one of my assistants.

Look, conferences are social events, no matter how "technical" they claim to be : the technical emphasis is a well known marketing tool, particularly with respect to certain demographic targets.

#38     Jul 19, 2005
  9. Thank you EliteTrader for a great time and a generous bar - i dont recall any tonic in my gin!

#39     Jul 19, 2005
  10. I know that this sentiment was the reason many others did not attend the Expo this year. I cant believe they scheduled the Expo knowing that.

#40     Jul 19, 2005