ET Reception at Chicago Traders Expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Baron, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

It was great to meet you Baron. I had a great time. I hope you enjoyed the windy city. Nothing like free beer to bring fellow ET'ers together. Thanks again for dinner.

#21     Jul 17, 2005
  2. nitro

nitro

No,

That is not me. I was not at the Expo this year.

I look a little like a cross between the leftmost guy (I am an out of shape mesomorph) and the guy second from the left, but a little shorter than the bald guy (about same height as Baron or maybe a touch shorter) and no facial hair, well, mostly the Don Johnson look :D

nitro

#22     Jul 17, 2005
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

More pics, from Joe's camera this time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things started getting a little nutty towards the end: :cool:

[​IMG]

#23     Jul 17, 2005
  4. suprised again that many traders seem to be in there late 40's and 50's. how many total traders were there? has there been an increase or decrease in the amount of people there show by show the last 2 years?

#24     Jul 18, 2005
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Why is that? Those are the folks who actually have $$ to trade :D

From the vendors I spoke to, they said that this year's Chicago expo turnout was not as good as last years. However, we experienced the opposite effect for our event. Our chicago event was much bigger than last year. Vegas and NYC are both crushing Chicago in terms of attendance though. I don't know how long the expo planners will continue watching the Chicago show attendance decline before they call it quits. Somebody told me they might move it to Ft. Lauderdale. I have my doubts about how well that would be attended. Every show I've been to in Ft. Lauderdale was crap. I think Orlando would make a much better destination because people know there's plenty of entertainment and other fun stuff to do aside from the expo, which is obviously why the Vegas show did so well last year.

#25     Jul 18, 2005
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

is that Tony Oz getting a sunburn :D [​IMG]

#26     Jul 18, 2005
  7. Brandon and his much better half, Toni!

:D :)

Edited by J0e
    on request of author

#27     Jul 18, 2005
  8. Right, but what this observation from last year's Vegas Traders Expo doesn't seem to include, was that
    there were also quite a few twenty to thirty-something traders in attendance - at least from what I saw.

And, with the second half of 2005 setting up as even better for traders, combined with poker the international craze
    that it has become, I'll bet there will be a lot more traders of all ages at the Expo's Paris Resort in Las Vegas this December.

#28     Jul 18, 2005
  9. Nice shot, Joe.

Was that a camera or palmOneTreo 650 smartphone?

Edited by JOe
    at request of author

#29     Jul 18, 2005
  10. Im always suprized by how different people look from the picture of them I have in mind by reading their posts. I wish more names were available with the pics. Brandon and Toni and Baron are the only ones I recognize.

#30     Jul 18, 2005