ET Poker Game

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Error 404, Feb 13, 2004.

1. nitro

nitro

I may be interested, but I would prefer Omaha to Hold'em.

I think playing for nothing is kinda dull. Even a small buy-in would be preferable.

nitro

#11     Feb 14, 2004
  2. Clearly ET is filled with addicted gamblers and competition junkies.

People gamble in the markets for a living, then want to play poker to relax?

Houston, we have a problem....

#12     Feb 14, 2004
  3. So you are in I take it?

Peace,
    :)RS

#13     Feb 14, 2004
  4. Why do you prefer Omaha? All the same to me. Hi/Lo Omaha could be fun....make the games go a little longer and spread the money around more (possibly).

In Hi/Lo, do they pay the high and low hands in on line games, or do you declare? (again, no difference to me, just curious).

I agree that playing for play money would be more "dull". But as I said, my thought was a 24/7 game just to pass time and shoot shit would be (IMO) better that way (if available). And a tournament format with a nominal real buy in would be great. But not something that could (or should) be always ongoing....unless we get 100 guys that want to play. In that case, I suppose there would almost always be enough seats taken to have a game going. If we have like just 15, then it seems to me that a 24/7 game for real money would usually be dead. Or head on. Which has zero appeal to me, and I assume most players (except the true degenerate gamblers like ART:)).

In any event, I am interested either/both ways.

Reardon, why is Pay Pal tricky? I used it once on Ebay and it seemed pretty simple. I have forgotten my log in stuff, but I imagine I can get a reminder with my email address just like I have on sites like Orbitz, Musician's Friend, etc. Am I mistaken?

I do believe that playing for lower stakes with no re-buys would provide a safety net, and keep the game more "friendly". Playing true to form the results should be the same as any stakes. If you play with discipline....(we all should have that by profession).

Peace,
    :)RS

#14     Feb 14, 2004
  5. I never said paypal was tricky. Funding poker site accounts is tricky.

Also: In o8, cards speak, no declare...I suggested NL hold 'em because I assumed the majority would want that. If you'd like me to crush you in limit o8 instead, I'd be happy to do so.

#15     Feb 14, 2004
  6. Cammin71

Cammin71

Yahoo games, Social lounge 5, table 11. It is 1pm central here, I'll be there a few hours.

#16     Feb 14, 2004
  7. yahoo will allow you to make private games - pick a lounge, create your own table, set it to protected, invite other users in.

#17     Feb 14, 2004
  8. Cammin71

Cammin71

Have one up, Yahoo me at Cammin1.

Soc room5/table 19. Equipment troubles :p

#18     Feb 14, 2004
  9. I'm in.....that's assuming of course that you guys don't mind losing to a girl..;-)

#19     Feb 14, 2004
  10. Sorry honey, this isn't strip poker.

#20     Feb 14, 2004