ET member gnome, tell us how you made 10 million..lol

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Aug 21, 2002.

1. gnome

gnome

See, you know it CAN be done. And when you get to $10 Mil, you'll see how you can get to $50 Mil or more. (Unless your wife gets her hands on it an spends too much, of course.) Same thing, bigger numbers.

#11     Aug 21, 2002
  2. couple things....

i did not open up my first brokerage account yesterday.

not to be rude, but what good is your post to me? you're basically saying, "don't ask questions." i'd rather speak my mind and ask questions...even if a few people like you get annoyed.

ever hear this saying? "smart people learn from their mistakes; and wise people learn from the mistakes of others"

although i agree with you that you gotta play the game to learn it, i think certain aspects of trading can be taught. who's to say there is no chance i can learn something from someone on here?....why are you even here then?

#12     Aug 21, 2002
  3. Publias

Publias Guest

Gordon,

"I just want to know what to do"

Buddy you are taking me all wrong... All I am saying is that you have to develop your own style thats all... Wasn't trying to be rude or imply you are a newbie... I can tell you my "strategy" I have been using and I can almost garuntee you will lose money trading it...

I already told you how he did it and he confirmed it... year after year after year after year... once your account goes from 100k to 300 then 300 to 750 the law of #'s comes in and then BAM you got your 10 large :D

PEACE and good luck along your journey Gecko,
    Publias

#13     Aug 21, 2002
  4. like i said, i'm not looking to get rich over night. i've been at this for years and i'm not quitting. we are in total agreement that it takes hard work year after year. however, even if you're willing to put the work in, you still need to know what to do. last month i thought i had a great trading system. i traded it for a month perfectly and the result was only like +.11% per trade..and the average holding time was like 3 days. i know i can do better than that.

#14     Aug 21, 2002
  5. To clarify,

Have you grossed $10 million, or have you saved $10 mil?

#15     Aug 21, 2002
  6. Publias

Publias Guest

Just out of curiosity but how does one go about "saving" 10 mil if first not "grossing" 10 :confused: :confused:

#16     Aug 22, 2002
  7. Pubes,

Don't wear yourself out thinking about it.

#17     Aug 22, 2002