ET is filled with guys that don't even trade or trade on their boss's computer.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aeliodon, Sep 21, 2008.

1. If you don't trade I cant imagine the point in being here.

#11     Sep 22, 2008
  2. Might be, can a crook spot a cop? Can a cop spot a crook? Can a cop spot another cop.

#12     Sep 22, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Maybe "ET = Home of stock market Walter Mitty wannabes"??

#13     Sep 22, 2008
  4. People acting out adolescent fantasies, the world is passing them by and they're pissed.

#14     Sep 22, 2008
  5. Baron's website has become ( for years now ) a place for college kids to toil in the markets in between taking classes and doing their homework.

The website is "littered" with crap from people who don't trade for a living . . . As a result, the most valuable Forums can be found in places like the Hardware Forum.

Sad, but true.

#15     Sep 23, 2008
  6. i daytrade everyday. i haven't quite made it yet but i am very close to being consistently profitable.

i am steadily trying to get my account back up to 25k. i am missing alot of opourtunites.:(

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  7. And you know this how?

LOL, ... there's $5,000 that says you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

P.S. I'm sorry you and your girlfriends had a bad day in the market. In the future, please try to limit your bitch sessions to your pajama parties and stay off of the trading websites ... it's not healthy for little girls to troll the internet.

P.P.S. The offer also goes for any of your Suzy Homemaker tea party crowd.

:D

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. ET has all ways had few true traders. Even back in the "hayday" of "Daytrading", before many "Prop" firms went under or before they changed their models to "retail". Others who do not trade have contributed.

I'm a member of the SPEC LIST, a closed, private professional think tank for fun so to speak. It has everyone from authors to Hedge fund traders, from Psyc. Phds. to a few daytraders and Private Equity guys. A lot of interesting things are contributed.

There are good guys on ET, who still trade. However, "daytrading" in general is slowing down. You may have more 'position' or swing traders on this site than actual "SOES" bandits persa, in whatever market.

However, with the new "short sale rules', the loss of confidence and the fact that "Leverage" will be, well, lets say wiped out by new rules being worked on now,...You may find less and less traders on ET.

Market dynamics are changing, Wall Street is changing over night. Sure, there will be markets to trade. But trading 25K on deposit with 3:1 out of your house is sure to change.

We have yet to truly feel the financial crunch that is falling upon us. What we are feeling is a small breezzz before the true storm arrives.

That in and of its self is a plus for volatility. So, trade it while you can.

I moved out of my longs in oil, however, did not catch the full 25 or so tick run yesterday, as my orders didn't get filled in time. I had to get out this am.

Moved all my position in to Short term Tbills.

Have no idea where oil is going. Have no idea where the US STOCK market is going.

Flight to inflation protection for me now. Maybe if the dow breaks below 9000 I will reenter for the long haul in Equities..

Who knows. Taking swing positions in this Energy Market or even the Equities/futures market brings on enormous risk.

I think we are heading for a depression. Not this year but by 2010/2011.

Who knows.

#18     Sep 23, 2008
  9. #19     Sep 23, 2008
  10. I only trade when I can't lose, so that doesn't even count.

#20     Sep 23, 2008