ET hard to open

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by taodr, Mar 1, 2004.

1. taodr

taodr

Is it just me or is there a problem. Can't open ET website like before.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I haven't received any other complaints. What do you mean by "hard to open"? You mean it's slow?

3. I had some access problems myself at around 2:45pm ET but only for a few minutes.

Got the "Page not found" dance.

4. taodr

taodr

Have difficulty just opening website. If I do open a thread when I go to HOME , then it does not open. If I wait ten minutes it might open. For me it has been slack over last 2 weeks. Today it's bad. It is the same with IE or with opera. My internet is hopping fast and no other problems.

5. Ditto

6. Just got what look like VisualBasic error messages at 5:30pm ET:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in E:\www2\vb\admin\db_mysql.php on line 93

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in E:\www2\vb\admin\functions.php on line 2529

7. Same here, my first thought was it had something to do with the garbage truck.

8. dunno if this is the same as you guys are getting, but I can't open the home page:

Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

user_agent = #HTTP_USER_AGENT#
    Error near line 3, column 7.

Error resolving parameter HTTP_USER_AGENT

I'm using opera 7-- I get the error whether opera reports itself as opera or MSIE.

However, no problems with internet exploder.

9. taodr

taodr

Yup, can't open website using opera now. IE is opening it. Says 'lost connection to MySQL server during query.

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, compatibility with opera has never been high on my to-do-list. It's hard to justify the added development effort since that browser is used by so few people.

#10     Mar 2, 2004