ET Hall of Fame Threads

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by benwm, Aug 9, 2010.

1. BCE

BCE

Ditto. Maybe we should start a thread for Hall of Fame posts. :)

#31     Aug 13, 2010
  2. BCE

BCE

BTW women don't use the expression, "Made me a ton of coin back in the day." :)

#32     Aug 13, 2010
  3. You need to consider the click-kings such as Austin P, Rubberbird, Mandlebrot, Shortie, ZZZZZZzzzz, Atticus, ReardenMetal, Pabst, Electricsavant, Surf, Don Bright, Timmay, Optionpro007, bihiselllo, peckerloaf, docskidmarksvodka, and a bunch I ain't mentioning's threads.

Not to toot any horns but the Chronicles of Rennick was a masterpiece, and after it was shutdown the Urgent Message from Rennick took over.

I think your idea for Hall Of Fame Posts is another great idea.

Carry on!

Joe Rennick Baron out:cool:

#33     Aug 13, 2010
  4. benwm

benwm

Actually, something similar has already been included as one of the 100 Hall of Fame threads:-
    74 Your favourite Elite Trader & favourite Post
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8177

This thread was popular from 2002-04, though an attempt to revive it in 2008 didn't catch on. We could revive it, it's still active just not visited recently...

It also puts into context Rennick's comments about not recognizing posts because this one was popular from 2002-04, before Rennick joined ET. Most of today's posters will know the best threads from the last couple of years or so, but one of the reasons for creating the Hall of Fame thread is to tap into the bank of knowledge from further back, threads that 95% of ET users won't have read and obviously the Search button is biased against due to the time that has elapsed.

Having said that, during my research I recall an interesting newspaper article quoting Rennick regarding something he experienced as a floor trader during the 87 crash...suffice to say we do indeed have a true ET legend amongst the current ranks...

Perhaps this is already common knowledge amongst ET posters?
    :)

#34     Aug 14, 2010
  5. benwm

benwm

#35     Aug 14, 2010
  6. #36     Aug 14, 2010
  7. Lee smugly offered to pick up the tab and drop any charges if we apologized. The vote was unanimous, no apology. In the end no charges were filed and we all paid a share of damages. A couple of the fellas were so broke they had to work it off. I have many Korean friends but that prick Lee is a real Slope. He bought a night club a couple of years later.. Me and some of the Fellas from the VFW went in one night and got our moneys worth.. After that he had local cops working off duty to beef up security.. I haven't seen him since, I often wonder if he still has the mo Howard haircut, friggen dooshbagO:mad:

#37     Aug 14, 2010
  8. BCE

BCE

#38     Aug 15, 2010
  9. benwm

benwm

Very funny...
    And a reminder to anyone not to f*** with Rennick!

Anyway, as you can see my research for the HOF went into painstaking detail and the Private Dicks have now been given a well needed break.

I'm sure though that there aren't many present day ETs who experienced the 87 crash. It would be extremely interesting to hear Rennick's recollections of the incredible day from the perspective of a floor trader. Probably worthy of a new thread, maybe others will join in and we will have a new HALL OF FAMER...

I'm fascinated by these black swan events...did you see it coming? How did the day unfold? Were all the floor traders (except your Korean friend) going home on the Friday massively long from the selling during the week? (before the Monday crash)

#39     Aug 16, 2010
  10. Thanks for the promotion to floor trader. I'd say most of us were just novice traders who would spend the day at West Coast gambling on various instruments . As I recall most of the Guys entered long positions near the close on Friday. These positions were added to as the Monday selloff kept rolling . I would have lost everything were it not for a pork belly position that survived. The cops showed up after a 911 call was made and some of us were banned pending investigation. 4 of us watched the close at the Holiday Inn Lounge across the street..most positions were deep underwater and worthless before high noon.
    It's not a good feeling when you lose that kind of coin:(

#40     Aug 16, 2010