ET Hall of Fame Threads

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by benwm, Aug 9, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Great thread! Thanks for the work you put into compiling the links!:)

#11     Aug 10, 2010
  2. BCE

BCE

Thanks, Baron. :) You might want to flag some of the threads on the list that were maybe heading for termination too for clemency. :)

#12     Aug 10, 2010
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Thread's title should be changed. Now that Baron made it a sticky, it is OFFICIAL and who the fuck cares what Gadfly thinks anyway? The current title isn't descriptive enough...

So it should be called ET Hall of Fame Threads, that simple....

#13     Aug 11, 2010
  4. benwm

benwm

There are almost certainly worthy threads that have slipped through the net and did not make it into the initial draft. If you believe that a thread deserves a mention in the HoF, then this is the place to post. Please avoid anything commercial and self promotion. Creating an alias and recommending your own thread is no guarantee of avoiding detection and I request moderators delete such posts.

But within these guidelines anyone can make a suggestion.

Perhaps some of the ET legends who departed the scene in protest at ET sponsors, or for any other reason in the past, may make an exception for this thread? You would be very welcome here for a pina colada or couple of stouts...

#14     Aug 12, 2010
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Done.

#15     Aug 12, 2010
  6. I don't remember being asked to vote. Looks like you worked hard on the list but I've never seen many of those threads. Maybe they have been hidden in ET's backwaters. This reminds me of the Academy picking movies that no one has ever heard of to be nominees. The blockbuster movies bring in the cash, same here with the threads. You need to have a category for favorite threads that 90% of ETer's post on. Don't let the "Elite" name go to your heads.

Rennick Spielberg out:cool:

#16     Aug 12, 2010
  7. BCE

BCE

Read the original thread http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=202944 and you'll see what's up. Nobody's letting anything go to anyone's head. The Hall of Fame is always meant to be represent the best of the best. If you know of any threads that are really outstanding feel free to jump right in and share them. That's what we did. And the most popular threads don't necessarily help us "bring in the cash". McDonalds is maybe the most popular restaurant. Certainly doesn't mean it has the best food.

#17     Aug 12, 2010
  8. Back in the early days of the 21st century, my trading room as well as others I know followed this guys calls exactly. The results wereuncanny

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5285&highlight=The+surf+report

Then over rhe last couple years he sold out and started doing it for the money. Lost the mojo or sometimg. Regadless, this thread deserves a place in hall if fame. Made me a ton of coin back in the day.

#18     Aug 12, 2010
  9. what Spielberg probably hints at is "Urgent Message from Rennick" http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99143

even though many a time did i laugh my asss off reading the thread, i don't think it qualifies as "educational" (which is the point of the current list as far as i understood)

Shortie Dangerfield Out :)
    [​IMG]

#19     Aug 12, 2010
  10. LOL, Shortie has added more than most of those BS combined.

#20     Aug 12, 2010