ET guys are above average, so lets do a 9/11 poll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FutTrd, Sep 12, 2006.

ET guys are above average, so lets do a 9/11 poll

1. 9/11 is inside job, I saw WTC 7 video, I heard explosions

34 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. 9/11 is NOT an inside job, any theory otherwise is disgusting.

42 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I just plain don’t know anymore, either way.

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. what is sad is the idiot they put in the first osama video.. that one sucked. i must admit they improved later on. but.. the first one wasnt even close.

#11     Sep 12, 2006
  2. I see the moonbats have gathered again for their weekly, or rather, DAILY conspiracy joyfest.

Good grief, hasn't this topic been flogged ad nauseum in other threads? You conspiracy wackos hijack other threads with this crap over and over as well. Can't you keep it to one thread, or at least ten?

Baron, how about starting another forum titled "The Gubment Did It" for all these loonies to gather in and do their circlejerk routine?

#12     Sep 12, 2006
  3. Geezus ratboy, what kind of moldy cheese you been nibblin' on? You're showing the effects of too much penicillin.

#13     Sep 12, 2006
  4. I agree with hap.
    The gubment did "nothing".

#14     Sep 13, 2006
  5. Good article:

Conspiracy theories arise to explain events that have a wide-reaching emotional or historical impact. Conspiracy theorists are those who do not have access to inside information and rely instead on media reports for supporting evidence. They use illogical reasoning to make links between seemingly unrelated events and use as evidence, pieces of information which are either unexplained or contradicted by the official story. Conspiracy theories can appear to explain more about the causes of an event than the official story because information that does not fit with the official story is given great emphasis as supporting the existence of a conspiracy while the role of information which does support the official story is downplayed. Disproving a conspiracy theory is difficult because of the claim that conspirators actively thwart any investigation of their activities and either hide the truth or ensure that it is not widely believed. Attempts by experts to ignore or debunk conspiracy theories are often cited by conspiracy theorists as further evidence of a cover-up.

#15     Sep 13, 2006
  6. traderob

traderob

My theory is that these nuts are incarcerated in an instituition and the liberal doctors allow them to play on the internet sometimes. Therapy.

#16     Sep 13, 2006
  7. More from the article...

People believe in conspiracy theories because of a deep seated need to make sense of major events in terms of major causes. Explanations that are straightforward or involve coincidence, natural phenomena, accidents, mistakes or the actions of a single individual do not provide the meaning that people seek in their lives. Instead they choose to believe that hidden forces are at work. In previous generations, these forces were thought to be the work of God but more recently, with the availability of vast amounts of information through the media, conspiracy theories have emerged as alternative explanations.

#17     Sep 13, 2006
  8. I was going to respond to this thread, but this guy pretty much nailed it. Why don't you ask the same question about the pentagon? Or maybe you believe the bad guys had that one rigged to blow too. LOL

#18     Sep 13, 2006
  9. mamamia

mamamia

Just another irrelevant coincidence I guess.

WTC Security Gaps
    Suspicious Security Lapses in the Twin Towers Preceding the Attacks
    An article in New York Newsday documented the removal of bomb-sniffing dogs just five days before the attack.
    September 12, 2001
    The World Trade Center was destroyed just days after a heightened security alert was lifted at the landmark 110-story towers, security personnel said yesterday.
    Daria Coard, 37, a guard at Tower One, said the security detail had been working 12-hour shifts for the past two weeks because of numerous phone threats. But on Thursday, bomb-sniffing dogs were abruptly removed.
    "Today was the first day there was not the extra security," Coard said. "We were protecting below. We had the ground covered. We didn't figure they would do it with planes. There is no way anyone could have stopped that."
    Security guard Hermina Jones said officials had recently taken steps to secure the towers against aerial attacks by installing bulletproof windows and fireproof doors in the 22nd-floor computer command center...

Security Provided by Company Linked to Bush Family
    Security for the World Trade Center on 9/11/01 was provided Stratesec, a company in which George W. Bush's brother Marvin was a past principal, and which was backed by an Kuwaiti-American investment firm.
    http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-nyaler122362178sep12,0,1255660.story

#19     Sep 13, 2006
  10. The extra security was only there for 2 weeks because of unrelated continuous phone threats. Again, stretching things a bit here.

#20     Sep 13, 2006