ET Brought Down by Garbage Truck

Discussion in 'Events' started by Baron, Feb 23, 2004.

1. It's now Wi-Fi from the inside of a 'roll-off' waste storage unit!!

#11     Feb 23, 2004
  2. MELBOURNE, Fla. - Nearly 10,000 phone customers were left with busy signals and missed calls this morning after a garbage truck with its lift up sliced through a fiber-optics cable, officials said.

The driver, J. Stock, was quoted as saying "...serves 'em right...and I'd do it again too..."

:D

#12     Feb 23, 2004
  3. pspr

pspr

Baron runs a couple rack mount servers from the trunk of his car in the Coco Beach Pier parking lot while he sits at the open air bar drinking Pina Colatas.

#13     Feb 23, 2004
  4. And whatever happened to "Cheeseburgers in Paradise"??

#14     Feb 23, 2004
  5. True Story:

A while back there was a huge outage on the internet and traffic between the west coast to specific points on the east coast had to be routed around the globe through Asia.

Apparently a digging company severed a huge colossal assortment of OC-792 lines or whatever the largest was at the time.

The bill must have been astronomical.

#15     Feb 23, 2004
  6. How do you repair fiber optic cables? Can you, or do you have to replace the entire section? I'd think that any repair would cut down on transmissibility across the splice.

#16     Feb 23, 2004
  7. My cousin was driving that truck.

#17     Feb 23, 2004
  8. ET now known as Extra Trash...

Baron...

Get that banana peel of your keyboard and wipe the grease off your monitor.....they can't keep you down....

Michael B.

#18     Feb 23, 2004
  9. Banjo

Banjo

10. I thought Baron forgot to pay the bill ...

#20     Feb 23, 2004