ET Auto-Post Generator?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Pabst, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Pabst,

When I started posting on ET over 1 1/2 years ago, I was a purely discretionary poster. In looking back on my post log at that time I realize now that I was really flying by the seat of my pants though, and I really had no idea what I was doing. Needless to say, my first 9 months' posts were terrible. After going through a messy shoulder separation and various health problems including a nasty episode with a butcher knife (overactive bladder) I decided to change my life and give up posting for good. It was about that time that I stumbled upon a late nite advertisement promoting the benefits of systematic posting. I broke down and ordered the system because I figured my posts couldn't get any worse. I was skeptical at first. Only after I finally started using the system and studying the great responses I was getting did I become a believer. Only then was I able to turn my losing discretionary posting into winning systematic posting.

I have been successfully using this type of posting system in various forums here on ET and on other sites as well for about 5 months. This system is great. It works multiple times per day and on multiple forums. As time has progressed I've added filters and a few proprietary studies that seem to improve overall performance. My last few months of using this system have almost doubled my post output on the 15 boards I now actively follow. The best part is that I now read none of the posts by others. I can even predict up to 3 days in advance when a particular reply will work out successfully. Maybe there is no holy grail but this is about as close to it as I've ever seen.

If you need more info, please PM me!

Cheers!

#11     Oct 19, 2003
  2. Pabst,

Well you could go for an off the shelf solution, but if you're serious then you're going to need something that can process each ET message in real time, filter for relevant key words and find the right set ups for your pre programmed witty one liners. It will need the capability to execute across a basket of at least 3000 different threads.

This is serious stuff and their are only a few guys on ET that have to knowledge and resources required to build something like this.

No current Windows technology can facilitate such a program. You'll need a custom Unix app with some kind of distributed processing set up.

Believe me, I know. I'm building something like this myself. It's a lot more complex than you think.

Good luck and if you need any help, feel free to PM me

Runningbear

#12     Oct 20, 2003
  3. I am skeptical. Is this a "black box", or do you know how the system works and makes posts? I have followed so called "black boxes" in the past, and while they help make good posts for a while, they always break down as the posting environment changes.

And, can you use it in multiple timeframes? I like to post in 15-minute intervals. It sounds like your system works on hourly/daily timeframes only.

#13     Oct 20, 2003