ET as a Special Case of the Turing Test

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Argent, Aug 12, 2011.

1. lindq

lindq

I will help you engage in the test.

Put a question to me that is typical of one on this site. Something like, "What should I trade to make me rich? I have $4,000. to invest."

You will receive a response. And you judge whether or not the response is human or computer.

#11     Aug 12, 2011
  2. damn buddy did you really lose 100k

#12     Aug 12, 2011
  3. Argent

Argent

No. I'm user5 in the file names. The idiot who thinks he knows TA and thinks Hulbert is an expert.

#13     Aug 12, 2011
  4. Argent

Argent

Here goes.

My employer and I paid in $217K to Social Security over my working life. I calculate that if I live to my acturial date I will collect $333K more in benefits I should have if they had invested the taxes at 5%. In the present environment of high risk and low return, how can I hedge against the inevitable loss of some of those benefits due to entitlements cuts?

#14     Aug 12, 2011
  5. lindq

lindq

Hello. I am happy to be of help. 19% of the current federal debt is owned to the Social Security Trust fund. $2.67 trillion dollars has been spent from this fund to provide for operation of the federal government. In place are non-negotiable "special bonds".

Stand by while I calculate the odds of you receiving any social security return from your $217,000 Social Security Taxes.

Waiting....waiting...waiting...

Zero.

ET Turing Reponse: Waiting....waiting....waiting...

FOREX

Your next question please? <<

#15     Aug 12, 2011
  6. Argent

Argent

OK. You are a machine. To be specific, an abacus.
    That response was very helpful. I will hedge with a cyanide capsule.
    My next question is: My employer and I paid $33K in Medicare taxes. Had that been invested at 5% the present value would be about $36K. I pay about $2K a year in ransom money AKA Medicare premiums to gain access to that investment. In the present environment of 10% annual cuts to Medicare providers, how can I hedge so that someone will come if I live to my actuarial date and need to call 911 for a medical emergency?

#16     Aug 12, 2011
  7. lindq

lindq

Hello. Your question has been passed to me.
    ++++++++
    I am the HAL 9000 computer. I was born in 1992 in Urbana Illinois.
    ++++++++
    cyanide
    n cyanide [&#712;sai&#601;naid]
    a deadly type of poison.
    ++++++++
    Ingesting your Cyanide Capsule is an adequate response to your current situation, and will prevent further healthcare expenditures.
    ++++++++
    This action has been approved by the Social Security Administration 12AUG11

#17     Aug 12, 2011
  8. I ....

edit
    On second thought, I would like to remove my comment, it does not contribute much to the thread, it just sounded cynical. Sorry.

#18     Aug 12, 2011
  9. Argent

Argent

Sorry I missed it. Are you the kind of guy who cries out "Theatre!" at a fire?

#19     Aug 12, 2011
  10. I'm surprised you haven't been prison gang raped yet. I suppose your politeness won some respect from the inmates.

#20     Aug 13, 2011