ET and Its Discontents

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Thats an easy question to answer.

During basic training, the entire building housed males.

At "AIT" (which is the advanced training), the building housed women which were on the third floor and men on the second floor. The result was the men would attempt to fornicate with the women at every given opportunity.

While this might seem ideal for some guys, you have to know that the women in the Army were not that great looking. In fact, I could not get myself to ever talk or think about any of the women in a sexual manner. They were that bad.

As well, you have a mission that you are training for all the time. Its important to stay focused. I didnt find that the inclusion of women could keep the men on-focus and it only produced more hostile immature emotions.

It becomes especially important for everyone to be focused when rifles with live ammo, grenades, anti-tank weapons, etc. is issued out to everyone.

Its amazing how most everyone treats you with respect and diligence when your carrying around a loaded M16 though.

#21     Mar 18, 2007
  2. Yet another way in which Basic is like ET. As we say in the industry in which I work:

Q: "What do you call a beautiful woman you see in the hall here?"

A: "A visitor."

"Beautiful trader" would most often be an oxymoron, Ruth Barrons Roosevelt in her prime (LONG before yours, I might add)being the rare exception.

As to packing, the bumper sticker on my pickup here in Texas reads: "An armed society is a polite society." One never knows what agent of mayhem resides in a boot here.

#22     Mar 18, 2007