ET a very good website. What are some of the other websites where traders can post?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by wilburbear, May 1, 2013.

1. toolazy

toolazy

this whole idea of twitting, whatever that means, stinks.

not going there.

as someone said, promoters & investors, trying to create heat so bubble takes off and they pocket $.

#21     May 3, 2013
  2. Humpy

Humpy

Try forex factory . But no swearing or else !!

#22     May 4, 2013
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Social media helps traders.

You just got to know how to use it. If you don't know how to use it. I recommend you stay away from it.

I first heard about twitter via a live interview during market hours of two floor traders. Then a few months after that I was visiting a close friend at his office (institutional trader)...he had his mobile device (tablet) with twitter set real-time news out of Europe and he was sharing private messages on twitter with several traders in Europe...one of which he went to college with.

I myself use to have the traditional real-time news. Nowadays, real-time market news hits twitter minutes or more before the major financial networks gets wind of it and before it shows up on traditional real-time market news feeds.

Simply, build your social media network wisely to make it useful or leave it alone.

Don't try to use twitter for so called "advice" from folks you personally do not know. You should also use twitter wisely in your personal life if you have a personal twitter account. Thus, in my other twitter account designated for my personal life, I follow family, and close friends...people I personally know. In addition, I use twitter to follow services I use because they'll often post real-time news about their products on twitter prior to notifying the general public the traditional way. For example, my favorite local sports team will sometimes have special (discounted) ticket sales that I use to miss out on in the past. Now with twitter, I rarely miss the info and get there in time to get my tickets before they're all sold out.

Social media helps (professionally and personally), you just got to know how to use it wisely and responsibly.

P.S. My family members and friends are spread around the world. Twitter and Skype saves a ton of dough.

#23     May 4, 2013
  4. Twitter is intergrated into the bloomberg terminal now---- that should tell you something or another...:D

#24     May 4, 2013
  5. Love Twitter!

If only for zerohedge feed. But twitter is a true force of nature now.

But it's mainly just a *read only* news/events thing. Unlike ET which is good for dialoging about anything trading related.

#25     May 4, 2013
  6. buzzie77

buzzie77

Interested to get thoughts on question2answer (Q2A) sites like

http://candlewerks.com/

tons of views but hardly any members posting.

Does anyone like this forum style or prefer the more traditional vbulletin.

#26     May 16, 2013
  7. brad10

brad10

Investor Hub?? Should be renamed pump and dump penny stock hub. Only paid pumpers on that site. No real traders go there.

#27     May 16, 2013
  8. Yep, you clearly took the time to see how twitter works and how you can use it.

Some people are just toolazy.

#28     May 18, 2013
  9. This forum has not character, so no wonder it's a dud.

#29     Jun 17, 2013
  10. #30     Jul 22, 2013