/esz3 or /nqz3 for a beginner to futures?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dominic, Dec 10, 2003.

1. The question doesn't make sense to me. How many S&P eminis are there? ES and what else?

#51     Dec 11, 2003
  2. Well...back to your question....

I have traded the large contracts as well as the ES. I am now trading the NQ. I find the YM difficult to trade but that is my problem.

So I feel qualified to comment only on what I have traded. I like the NQ as it seems to be spikier than the ES.

Michael B.

#52     Dec 11, 2003
  3. Dominic.

Thank you for telling us that TA is mostly useless.

Bring your money to the brokers and get going with your 5 contracts.

Do us a little return favor please. Start yet another journal thread about your going. Success will be assured! We like those kind of shows around here.

Good luck,

P.S. Don't forget to turn on your "risk management".

nononsense

#53     Dec 11, 2003
  4. This is a disaster waiting to happen

#54     Dec 11, 2003
  5. Yeah dominic BRING IT ON DUDE start placing those 5 lots trades if you got the stones which I doubt :D :p :D

#55     Dec 11, 2003
  6. Sorry to bother you with these silly questions...but one more please.

Was that a total of $2.50 inclusive fees per side per contract?

Michael B.

#56     Dec 11, 2003
  7. ...why all this envious negativity? Let's think positive here, and enumerate everything that Dominic has going for him:

- CyberTrader has an unblemished record of futures execution, since they never did it before

- he has a wealth of experience in stock trading he can transfer to the futures, and it is well known how similar the two are

- he knows that TA is crap

- from these very pages he has learned that system development is unnecessary

- he is well capitalized, having no fear of a $500 loss trading 5 contracts

- and he will not have to overcome the psychological hurdle of working up from 1 contract to 5

I am very optimistic for his prospects, and stand ready to dispense whatever advice might be of use. Were he trading NQ, I would be generously willing to let him take the other side of my trades.

#57     Dec 11, 2003
  8. you such a sweet heart hypo :p

#58     Dec 11, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Why is everyone so eager to adopt the role of parent?

Good grief! :confused:

#59     Dec 11, 2003
  10. ...you old grouch, here is an opportunity to learn something new about futures trading from a real pro at stock trading. I have numerous choice bits of futures trading wisdom I feel the need to pass on to the younger generation. Also, I think that my risk tolerance is too low, and I would like to learn how to be more aggressive. I myself rarely trade five contracts at once, even after nearly two years of trading NQ (don't really need to make that much money), so I might be emboldened by association to increase my size. Get it on!

#60     Dec 11, 2003