Estx50

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trader924, Sep 18, 2002.

1. wdbaker

wdbaker

Now I had to go and look for myself
    1.00 EUR Euro = 0.983297 USD United States Dollars

Pretty close, to be honest I was't sure what the symbol for a EUR was so wasn't sure what to compare with.

Thanks
    wdbaker

#31     Oct 30, 2002
  2. coops

coops

Have been using Esignal - compared to IB i can't say i've seen 20sec delays.... but on the other hand, now have IRD to compare it too....

Esignal euro feed has no volume in the charts, either minute or tick charts. My tick charts have no historical info at startup approx 30min before market open... and get no historical tick data for maybe 30 mins after the market opens, some time later you can then refresh the chart and the previous days tick data appears. :confused:
    The time and sales shows how bad things really are..... (ps in the quote window you don't get bid or ask size either :eek: nope, not even level 1). You can notice trades going off in IB TWS and nothing in the esignal T&S or delayed a sec or two.... compared to IRD it's completely ridiculous... eSignal that is. Have emailed Esignal but no reply.

IRD seems pretty good - early days yet.... they currently offer Hong Kong equities only now, are looking into the HK futures apparently... that's on top of scads of other euro and more exchanges.

IRd also replied to an email with info on tick charts - a new version due soon will offer user defined tick charts like 21 tick bar charts etc.

ps remember seeing someone mention they don't supply data to US customers......it's realtick software so maybe the cost is too much lower :D .... not that it's cheap.

#32     Oct 31, 2002
  3. With these eSignal delays described, is there another data provider with a good charting engine which could be recommended?

#33     Oct 31, 2002
  4. Funster

Funster

I have no other source for stoxx50 and dax futures data right now other than esignal.

However if you look at the time and sales the prints are keeping time properly with my PC clock(which is set automatically by esignal).

Does this mean I am receiving timely quotes or not?

Thanks

#34     Nov 1, 2002
  5. Ditch

Ditch

To check the delay you should compare e-signal to IB. The only thing that keeps me from dunping e-signal is that I use it with Ensign, which I like a lot. For timely quotes you should use IB's datafeed, sierracharts uses that. Right now i'm testing it.

#35     Nov 1, 2002
  6. same here.. ensign keeps me from going crazy with esignal.. and i use IB if i need a real realtime quote.. curiously though, sometimes i see a print, usually a large print, that will go off at say 2454 on IB and then print at 2455 on esignal.. and there is only one for that size so i know its the same one.. as far as i can tell by watching the bid/ask decrease after the trades, IB is right and esignal data is incorrect.. anyone else see this?

-qwik..

p.s.. nice little flag forming now.. :)

#36     Nov 1, 2002
  7. toby400

toby400

Found this European chart/data site which may interest those trading Dax etc.

Not being an expert I will let you comment upon it.

http://www.downloadquotes.com/en/

#37     Nov 1, 2002
  8. Ditch

Ditch

Yesterday I asked Ensign if it could use IB data feed, they answered "not yet". If they're smart, they get it fixed pretty soon, because ever more packages start using IB feed. I can't be beat for cost, speed and accuracy. What bugs me most about e-signal is their customer service, which is nothing more than a marketing gimmick, I never got a decent reply on any question that goes beyond "I can't find the exit button."

#38     Nov 1, 2002