ESTX50 traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by KS96, Mar 8, 2006.

1. esmjb

esmjb

how long you actually in front of your computer usually?

#11     Mar 8, 2006
  2. marky1

marky1

11 hours usually, on and off, bit of fresh air through the day

#12     Mar 8, 2006
  3. KS96

KS96

That's not a life :D

#13     Mar 8, 2006
  4. esmjb

esmjb

11 hours is tough. i traded in london for a bit last year and tried doing that and towards the end of the day i was so drained my trading really suffered.

i remember 3 years ago trading afterhours with only 10 lots on prices. right before the close was a free for all then, just getting fills all over the place because people were sweeping the book every which way.

#14     Mar 8, 2006
  5. andy4

andy4

"bump" Ok I know it's old, anybody still trade it ?

How's volume 3am US till US open ?
    Thanks,
    Andy

#15     Jun 22, 2009
  6. esmjb

esmjb

im still havin' at it. oh if only it were the same as 3 years ago though! a variety of factors have made it a tougher trade since then. of late, it seems as though summer trading has definitely set in. i think from open to US open today it only did like 450K contracts. a year ago at this time i would say a mill would be about average for that time period. there is still money to be made though...

#16     Jun 22, 2009
  7. andy4

andy4

I last traded it around Feb' this year. I scalp, but it seemed to give good swings of 8 points, now it looks like only 4 or so.

Vol' looks good still, just got data up yesterday. Will watch it a while , who knows maybe give it a try again.
    Thanks,
    Andy

#17     Jun 23, 2009