Estimation and Prediction Trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by aquarian1, Jun 29, 2012.

1. First trade

I had first trade estimate at 1361 at 9:11
    We had H1361 @ 8:47

I was too slow this morning to catch this.

FE is estimated to be LE
    in the range
    Blind Buy= 1354.75 1351.75
    with SellStop= 1349.25

[​IMG]

Nothing posted here is trading advice. Everything posted is educational information only. Futures and other trading involve the risk of loss. yada, yada, yada....

#11     Jul 2, 2012
  2. From the earlier chart (the 5 min with the Keltner bands you can see an undecided action.

With this being a holiday week you can expect erratic price movement, as you have seen so far.

We had a high of 1361.00 at 08:47 an then a low of 1350.00 at 09:09 (close to the 9:11 time estimate)
    This is a -11.00 pts in only 0:22 (22 min) -very fast.
    The o/n order was LH and the RTH order has been HL
    So this is the relationship I mentioned in an earlier post for non-trending erratci or choppy.
    LH,HL.

Nothing posted here is trading advice. Everything posted is educational information only. Futures and other trading involve the risk of loss. yada, yada, yada....

#12     Jul 2, 2012
  3. I am going to take a break.

I was up too late last night - making the post here at ET and had a slow start this morning.

I'm very tired.

I expect more erratic price action for the rest of the day. Having missed both FEa and FEb I've lost interest.

(On some days there is a double FE =First End, as was the case today with both a H and L being made early in the session. In this case I use the FEa, FEb notation.)

We have already covered 11 pts of an estimated 13.50.

#13     Jul 2, 2012
  4. o/n range
    (note I use 15:30 to 7:30 as o/n
    7:30 to 8:30 is what I call "Pre" Pre-open - something like an initial balance range.

[​IMG]

#14     Jul 2, 2012
  5. July 2, 2012
    After the close

The midpoint was estimated at 1356.25 and actual was 1355.25 difference of -1.00
    The range estimate was 13.50 and the actual was 11.50 a difference of -2.00
    The first end was estimated to be FE=HE and the actual was FE=HE (estimated time 09:10 actual time 8:48)
    The first trade was estimated to be SELL FIRST at 1361.00 or 1360.75 08:48

[​IMG]

#15     Jul 2, 2012
  6. toc

toc

Trading is a multilayered and multi-sphered machine complex to operate. Price is in front of us but including factors like Time and Waves makes things complicated i.e. not exact but partial science like astrology.

To crack or deeply, if not fully, understand this complex logic behind price movements a trader or team of traders need to have strong math and software language programming skills.

I would tend to leave the complex arts and sciences to the young guns and rather make a living out of 'old fashioned' market hunting, without taking much risk. :D :cool: :p

#16     Jul 2, 2012
  7. toc

Your reply is both unhelpful and unnecessary.

Your personal views on who should trade and how are not relevant nor constructive to the purpose of this thread - which it to contact other estimation and prediction traders.

You have added no thoughts about estimating.

When one has nothing useful, positive or constructive to further the discussion it is best to not post and certainly not in my thread.

You are now on my ignore list.

Op ignore list:
    Ocean5 - saturaday night live
    toc - naysayer

Please do not quote or reply to these persons in my thread.

#17     Jul 3, 2012
  8. I'm sorry... do you only want to converse with people who agree with you? Don't you find contrary opinions to be useful?

#18     Jul 3, 2012
  9. Are you talking about "opening range breakout after 1pm" kind of strategies?

#19     Jul 3, 2012
  10. toc

toc

Truth hurts! In your case it really did bite did'nt it?

useless thread anyways........

#20     Jul 3, 2012