Estimate of Queue Position

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 3ntropy, Aug 23, 2006.

1. 3ntropy

3ntropy

Awhile back I developed an X_Trader API add-on that gives a worst case estimate of any order you place in the queue. I don't trade anymore so I'm wondering if someone would like to buy it?

2. I can guess the worse case estimate in the queue....just look at the contracts that are on the bid or offer when I put my order in.

3. 3ntropy

3ntropy

Well, actually, no, it's not quite that easy!! LOL!:) Especially if you have 3 orders working. Or hey, even 5 orders working at the same price all placed at different times. Now picture trading different products...multiple orders with different products, etc...

Then suppose there are cancels, and add backs...no one I've ever met could handle all that math in their head...

4. what do you think it's worth?

5. Ebo

Ebo

Another useless thread?

6. 3ntropy

3ntropy

Ok, so clearly that wasn't a good explanation to start a thread with. It's not another useless post. And in fact the software works quite nicely. You can visit a screen shot of it at my website. I found it useful and I'm sure given other people's strategies it could help them out a lot.

www.kennethspriggs.com/related_inventions_and_research.html

The screen shot shown wasn't the final version but close enough. The graphics got a little nicer and it scales to the size of the depth trader a little better.

7. How much do you want....$10 or so? Given that you havn't found much use for it, you should just give it away.

8. 3ntropy

3ntropy

Well, it's a working piece of software that could be upgraded to include some better estimate of queue position. Perhaps it can gain 90% accuracy by assuming the order distribution into the queue is Poission...for example. The fact that I've not found it useful is completely irrelevant.
    Of if someone wants so buy it because of the market grid object then it might be worth taking a look at the code.

9. I can appreciate the fact that you value your time, and no doubt put some time into development, but you have created a product that has very little useful value. You are better off working with a successful trader to develop something useful.
    Your skills, his skills....quid pro quo!