ESL Program

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by janerussell85, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Esterline Technologies is one of my current holdings. Does anyone have knowledge on their ESL software for gaming? I understand this is an emerging market for them but would like to keep my ear to the ground!!

2. trevmarks

trevmarks

Many of ESL's Technologies and Products utilized in other markets are also useful in the gaming world, such as dynamic and programmable panels, switches and video surveillance products. Also their core capabilities serving this market include interface technologies.

With the advances in the gaming sector there is a real desire to utilise such technology to provide the ultimate gaming experience. I would be monitoring closely for activity between ESL and some of the players in the gaming industry as the release of a game utilising ESL technology would be huge.

3. Thanks Trev, I'm not aware of any developments in this field. I know that ESL is involved in the design and manufacture of innovative touch, sensing, and control human interface systems for leading original equipment manufacturers. They define the user experience for specialized medical equipment, advanced military and security solutions, industrial equipment, high tech gaming applications, and custom designed input components.

Again it's the high tech gaming applications that for me are an exciting new field. Just look at the likes of the new MW3 how amazing the graphics etc are. Imagine combining this with state of the art, defense technology! It really is futuristic stuff and I believe a great opportunity for investment.

4. trevmarks

trevmarks

Hi Jane, with regard to the ESL Software, I've tried to do some further research into this but have come up short of finding any partnerships etc with regard to ESL Software. They don't appear to be trading with any other software company, but as before it is more their technology that would be utilised by a software company to integrate into the gaming arena.

5. trevmarks

trevmarks

Hello again, I thought you might be interested in this:

Esterline Technologies (NYSE: ESL) plans to announce financial results for its 4th quarter and fiscal 2011 on Thursday, December 8, 2011. Esterline will host a conference call featuring remarks by Brad Lawrence, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Bob George, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Following these remarks, there will be a question and answer session. The call is scheduled to start at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (2:00 p.m. Pacific Time) and will last approximately 45 minutes. A news release announcing the earnings results will be issued at market close on the day of the call as well.

To ensure that you are on the call when it begins, we suggest that you access the call approximately 5 to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

Date:
    Thursday, December 8, 2011

Start Time:
    5:00 p.m. Eastern Time

(2:00 p.m. Pacific Time)

U.S. Dial-in Number:
    1-800-706-7748

Outside U.S. Dial-in Number:
    617-614-3473

Passcode:

Conference Call Host:
    Brian Keogh

The conference call will be replayed for one week, starting approximately one hour after the call ends. For callers within the United States, the replay number is 1-888-286-8010. For callers outside the United States, the replay number is 617-801-6888. The passcode for both of these numbers is 63615011.

A live webcast and replay of the conference call also will be available on the company website at www.esterline.com. If you have any questions, please call Investor Relations at Esterline Technologies at 425-519-1872.

About Esterline:

Esterline Corporation is a leading world-wide supplier to the aerospace and defense industry specializing in three core areas: Avionics & Controls, Sensors & Systems, and Advanced Materials.

Operations within the Avionics & Controls segment focus on high-technology electronics products for military and commercial aircraft and land- and sea-based military vehicles, secure communications systems, specialized medical equipment, and other industrial applications.

The Sensors & Systems segment includes operations that produce high-precision temperature and pressure sensors, electrical power distribution equipment, harsh environment connectors, and other related systems principally for aerospace and defense customers.

Operations within the Advanced Materials segment focus on technologies including high-temperature resistant materials and components used for a wide range of military and commercial aerospace purposes and combustible ordnance and electronic warfare countermeasure products.

6. I think this should answer your questions with regard to ESL (Esterline Technologies) and their up and coming gaming sector.

Esterline Interface Technologies (ESL) provides engineering and production manufacturing of custom user interface and control panel assemblies to the gaming industry.

ESL Software OLED "Splash" Programmable Button Panel is a revolutionary step forward in gaming technology.

Esterline Interface Technologies (ESL) designs and manufactures many of the world’s most complex, fine-featured input devices. Producing custom devices to compliance standards requires a comprehensive set of deliverables and a proven methodology for manufacturing.

Esterline Interface Technologies (ESL) - helping gaming OEM's stay at the forefront of input device technologies and retain their competitive advantage.

James Industries is the strategic worldwide partner for Esterline
    Interface Technologies (ESL) to the gaming industry. James Industries represents Esterline’s engineering and manufacturing capabilitiesof custom user interface and control panel assemblies.

JamesIndustries has spent over 35 years developing contacts,
    knowledge of markets and relationships within the entertainment vertical market which consists of amusement, gaming, and lottery; manufacturers and operators.

7. SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

8. Lornz

Lornz

You guys crack me up...

9. Interesting to see that today, shares of Esterline Technologies (NYSE:ESL) have crossed bullishly above their 10-day moving average of $52.20 on a volume of 175K shares. This may provide short-term investors a chance for a long position, as such a crossover often suggests higher prices in the near term.

Esterline Technologies share prices have moved between a 52-week high of $82.28 and a 52-week low of $47.48 and are now trading 12% above that low price at $53.10 per share. Over the last five market days, the 200-day moving average (MA) has gone down 0.5% while the 50-day MA has declined 1.1%.

Esterline Technologies (NYSE:ESL) has potential upside of 55.4% based on a current price of $53.10 and analysts' consensus price target of $82.50. The stock should run into initial resistance at its 50-day moving average (MA) of $54.34 and subsequent resistance at its 200-day MA of $67.20.

10. By the way thanks Preciousstones, I'll be following James industries link with ESL, they don't appear to be listed however so maybe not as fruitful as I'd hoped.

#10     Dec 4, 2011