esignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by billp, Sep 30, 2006.

1. eSignal Support,

On the fx screen (esig vers 8) I had the control toolbar (the one with file/view/window etc) accidently closed and I cannot seem to be able to get it back. I had it as a floating toolbar (as oppossed to a stationary one on the top left hand part of the screen) and that is how I managed to press the close 'x' on the top right hand corner of the toolbar - and erase it. It is causing a few problems.

If I blow up a chart across multiple screens, that toolbar had a function to be able to reduce it back to original size - but now I haver to exit the program completely to get back to the original. Also, I cannot save changes to a template without going through the prompt when exiting the program. Line toolbar etc. cannot show up also. Is there a way to get the control toolbar back -(the Alt key does not work as well - probably related to the same issue) - without having to reinstall it from the beginning again?

#11     Oct 1, 2006
  2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Does Alt-W happen to bring up that menu bar? If so, you should be able to grab it and re-position it. If not, I'd call in and see if we can figure it out by remotely controlling your desktop. I do know that some users have had to reinstall to restore these menus. Hopefully, you can avoid that.

Thanks.

#12     Oct 1, 2006
  3. Scott,

When will 8.1 be available?

Runningbear

#13     Oct 2, 2006
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Had some issues with the new tick servers we deployed last week so we've rolled back for further testing. Unfortunately, those servers are critical for the 8.1 release. We'll know more in a week or so. Keep an eye on eSignal Central for up to date info.

Thanks.

#14     Oct 2, 2006
  5. what changes will v8.1 have that are related to ticks/volume/seconds charts?

thanks

#15     Oct 2, 2006
  6. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi 50,

I'm not aware of any specific changes for those chart types. Was there something special you were looking for? Also feel free to send suggestions to ideas@mail.esignal.com to reach our Product Development team.

Thanks.

#16     Oct 2, 2006

7. thanks, no i wasn't looking for anything specific change but just wanted to know if there will be any changes, since you wrote that v8.1 relies heavily on new tick servers.

thanks

#17     Oct 2, 2006
  8. Everything is working fine now. I reinstalled the program and it was still having the same problem. I called esigs office here in Sydney where I live and then the technician went to work via remote access. Turns out the problem was some residual code that did not uninstall and it was causing the problem on the re-installation. Top marks for promt and efficient service esig!

#18     Oct 3, 2006

9. I would like to see true constant volume bars. I've been told by other vendors that splitting ticks across bars is somewhat tricky; however, with all due respect, if QuoteTracker and others can do them correctly then so can eSignal.

#19     Oct 3, 2006
  10. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

In the early versions of the 7.xx series, we did exceed the specific voume in each bar (i.e. 500v would mean 500 or more, then create the next voulme bar) and that was actually done according to user feedback. As feedback continued to come in, we decided to change that to "true" volume bars, as you state, and that's the way it currentlys works in 8.0.

KB Article 1275 describes each of these bar types.

What version are you running?

Thanks.

#20     Oct 3, 2006