Esignal with multi monitors

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jayford, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Anyone out there use Esignal with multi monitors?

Some programs don't work well across several monitors, and I just wished to check this in advance before switching over from Qcharts.

Mainly just checking to see that layouts saved across several screens will look the same after exiting and reentering the program (some programs cram all windows on to one screen when starting back up). Also, can you maximize a window to one screen vs. across all the screens? This is very much dependent on the program, and not the hardware or drivers.

Thanks,

Jay

2. eSignal works fine with my 3 LCDs. The saved Layouts work great...all the charts open up in their proper place across all 3 screens.

-Fast

3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Jay,

Yes, eSignal supports multiple monitors and yes your layout is saved when you exit. We also recently introduced pop-out or "floating" windows which provide even more flexibility across multiple screens.

Here's a recent thread from eSignal Central where a few users have posted pics of their multi-monitor set-up.

We even include a dual monitor sample layout in the install, since it's a pretty common set-up.

Thanks.

4. I also use e-signal over multiple monitors. It works well except for one minor problem I have...

One window, the "quote board" never opens where it was when I closed. All other windows are fine...when I shutdown I hit 'exit all and save'..but still that one window never opens where it left off...
    not a big deal really:D

trade well

5. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

uptik,

Can you try to save that quote baord window by itself ( File, Save ), then try to exit and see if it sticks in original place? In certain cases, you need to save each individual window and then they'll return to their last location. If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll do some testing on the latest beta version.

Thanks.

6. That answers my questions guys. Thanks.

Looks like I will make the switch over in a week or so.

Jay

7. I will try that today after the close....Thanks.
    Uptik2000

8. I'm a new subscriber to eSignal, having recently switched from another data vendor. Presently, I do not need more than one monitor because I only trade one market. However, for future reference, can anyone tell me if it is possible to have a different layout on each screen, or can only a single layout be stretched across multiple screens? Clearly, I am out of my depth here. Your comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Thunderdog

9. You can simply open multiple instances of the application, and run a different layout in each. It works well, I have done it in the past. It will consume some memory though.

eSingal is a good software and has good datafeed (imho so far).

Good trading

10. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

One "layout" in the literal sense can incorporate any number of windows. Each individual window can be popped out or detached from eSignal, so there really isn't any need to stretch eSignal across multiple monitors. You simply pop the window out, then move it over to the next screen.

For more information, please check out the Pop-out Windows section of this FAQ.

#10     Oct 22, 2003