eSignal wish list : the dedicated thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GeorgeSoros, Jun 15, 2002.

1. morse

morse

Hi,

But can you legally or not, I know a few traders who are using other data vendors who do I was wondering if I could with esignal :)

#61     Jul 7, 2002
  2. cartm

cartm

esignal changed their site around, does anyone know where I can find info regarding the third party tools, specifically the jurik toolbox, also, the dax opens 3amest, but I dont get e50 quotes until around 305 will this be corrected when servers are changed, and since im posting questions, how do u draw lines on the charts, like u can in qcharts, and when is the newest version of esignal coming out thanks

#62     Jul 8, 2002
  3. gspiker

gspiker

#63     Jul 8, 2002
  4. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

#64     Jul 8, 2002
  5. mbg

mbg

I'd be happier if esignal quotes kept up with IB.

not sure why IB is consistently faster by at least 1/2 - 2 sec - which make esignal not execution quality, at least for me.

maybe back to realtick - was hoping this would be better

#65     Jul 8, 2002
  6. morse

morse

Hi,
    I have asked this question before but no one seems to know, can you run several computers on a network off one feed from esignal by using a router?

Thanks...........

#66     Jul 8, 2002
  7. mbg

mbg

you can't do that - you can run multiple monitors off 1 PC, but not multiple computers running 1 esignal feed - router or no router. Hope that helps

#67     Jul 8, 2002
  8. I agree that sometime eSignal lag on IB, but usually this is not the case (even in fast market) and you could have until 11 trades executed before IB had recorded it. Check your tape and you will discover that eSignal feed is better than IB (not bad, I considered that they are better than RT usually). Also, if you check your tape on eSignal, you will discovered that IB skip many prices (probably for to keep the beat in the stream).

#68     Jul 8, 2002
  9. cartm

cartm

The jan arps was the 1 i was looking for, any idea when its coming out thanks?

#69     Jul 9, 2002
  10. Lancer

Lancer

Not sure if this fits on this thread but fwiw, a friend reports after hours on his first experience using eSignal 7.0 (trading e-mini):

"Bring it on... 17.5 points since 3:00. That's with this sucky esignal charting crap which I was adjusting half the time. But the data is good."

LOL!

#70     Jul 9, 2002