eSignal wish list : the dedicated thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GeorgeSoros, Jun 15, 2002.

1. thanks for your quick reply, dion.

i'll check out sunday's version.

i've been installing the new versions over the old ones (without uninstalling them first); is that OK?

thx,

#191     Nov 18, 2002
  2. I can't get the thing to download - anyone else having this problem??

#192     Nov 19, 2002
  3. build 513 fixed my CPU problems...now my 'supercomputer' (LOL) runs great...

btw, ES needs better linking, like the ability to create more linked groups...a la ensign or q.charts...rainbow colors...only having one linked group isn't enough. linking thru little buttons...and more little buttons with symbols and timeframes at the bottom of the charts...little buttons everywhere.

also, a **really*** nice feature (in my opinion) would be the ability to display different symbols' charts as a ticker! with a pre-set timed switch between symbols...you could have one chart switch from the SOX to the DJ and then to whatever other charts you wanted every 5 seconds...what a nice idea. it would allow the user to watch various indexes or symbols while keeping the total number of windows down, and also not have to click a button to glance at a new index or symbol.

#193     Nov 23, 2002
  4. what are the esignal people using for after-hours charting (I don't care if it's delayed 20min)??

also, any place where a guy can get delayed nikkei charting for free??

#194     Nov 27, 2002
  5. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

The next beta release has the new eSignal formula wizard (writes EFS javascript for you without a programmer) and a replay (learning) mode that will replay the quote data into an advanced chart. Great for testing after hours or on weekends.

The final list of features is here and will be posted in the next few days:

http://www.esignal.com/beta_72/default.asp

Chuck
    http://www.eSignalCentral.com

#195     Dec 20, 2002
  6. Dustin

Dustin

I am trying to use an old spreadsheet using the esignal DDE and uses the XX=N for filtering out the regionals. I know the spreadsheet used to work, but now I get #No Data for everything.

Example: =WINROS|BID!'APC=N'
    The above code returns the error.

Whereas =WINROS|BID!APC seems to work fine.

I spoke with a Live Rep about it and they said the same thing happened to them.

This is straight from the esignal website:
    In DDE, you'd do the same but enclose the symbol in single quotation marks ( ' ). for ex: =WINROS|BID!'IBM=N'

Thoughts?

#196     Dec 18, 2003
  7. slainye

slainye

Having come from an animation background, where the user/software interface is incredibly important, I would very much like to see the following features implemented into the K2A version of eSignal, or eSignal in general. I'll post this in numerous spots- not sure when it might be seen by the right person. If any of these features already exist, please let me know:

1. The ability to enlarge any window in esignal to full-screen by tapping your spacebar. Shrink it back to normal by tapping the spacebar again. (Include the choice to enlarge the window over your quote window or not- sometimes all you want to do is view one window large while in a trade, even with the quote to the left).

2. The choice of having any lines drawn in one window to automatically be added to other windows of the same currency pair. At the moment, all lines are contained within one window, when you really want them to be contained/constrained to one currency pair instead. For example, if you have a four time-frame window layout, and you draw a line in your 60min window chart, wouldn't it be nice to have the choice that the line is also added to your 5min chart window automatically? This could be achieved through a 'window link' colour tab. Also, have this work across page layouts!

3. The ability to draw boxes or shapes to section of consolidating/ranges price action, with the added choice to have the drawn shape empty, shaded/semi-transparent, or filled with a colour.

4. The ability to draw a continuous line with multiple points. For example, let's say you want to draw a zig-zag line over price action's moves up and down to highlight the lows and highs. So you would click on the price action's low, then high, then low, then high, then low, and so on, and end up with a simplified line showing only highs to lows and lows to highs.

5. A grid-snap and size option in the background of your main eSignal window. with this, you could choose a preset grid size, and then any of your quote windows and chart windows could be nicely and easily resized and snap neatly into an organised edge-to-edge layout. Currently, windows overlay each other, and it's messy resizing them.

6. Oooh, the option when you set an alert at a price level to see an actual line drawn for that alert. That way, you can visually see the alert in your chart window- it could also just simply be highlighted in the price value column on the right of your window.

7. The option to save a quote window, with all the items in it, so that you can import/open it in another layout. e.g. currencies with spreads under 4 pips.

That's it for now.

#197     Jun 8, 2011