eSignal wish list : the dedicated thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GeorgeSoros, Jun 15, 2002.

1. In CyberTtader PRO, they have a nice feature of graph bar meter for to detect activity on a stock, it could be interesting to have it inside a quotesheet optional column.

If not, if you can give us an acces with your EFS at the T&S object could be also very convenient.

#11     Jun 15, 2002
  2. or a socket port - i do not care about the platform,
    i just want to export the data

#12     Jun 15, 2002
  3. cartm

cartm

My wishlist for Esignal
    Ability to darken the grid lines in the charts
    Equivolume. this was mentioned
    Make printing charts easier, actually I am not sure you can do it now
    Ability to draw on the charts
    If you get disconnected make it easier to get on without restarting everything
    Quote window has to be improved with the ability to drag and drop studies into the columns
    No pc ratio yet, need a pc ratio
    RT esignal chat room for traders to share ideas on efs and other stuff
    Customizable market clock
    The ability to put more than 1 security on a chart, like 4 or 5
    I expect all this to be done by tomorrow thank you

#13     Jun 15, 2002
  4. Yes George, this is the official name now for the general method ActiveX as IB have. This could give us the possibility to program the thing that eSignal don't have, and don't have to wait until the next release. Their API is too expensive for the most programmers and they have too many restriction on it.

#14     Jun 15, 2002
  5. I would like to have the possibilities to plot many securities on the same chart, but not only in %, but also in $ and on multiple vertical axes (left, right, and why not many axes on the right for each securities). It could be usfefull also to put a offset on securities for to help the overlay.

#15     Jun 15, 2002
  6. First of all to do that we need a window for position monitoring, then some EFS examples of systems that would draw arrows on a graph with small text lables indicating how many contracts / stocks you buy or sell...

This is the easy part...

The hardest part now :

Ability for a EFS script to fill an order box based on the system decision...

Ability to test this feature so that we can build our system and test it and by checking a box making it live...

Of course when I think about it I think about IB as a broker...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A special toolbar also would be nice : It would be a new way of entering orders : a graphical way where you use only the mouse. I don't think this kind of things exist so far...

First button : init position price : you click on this button and then you will have a horizontal line drawn on your graph that you would manipulate, and by double clicking on it at the price level you want it will prepare a limit order

Second button : init position time : by clicking on this button you would have a vertical line that would be allow you to select a time for a market order. The order would be kept in eSignal until the time is reached and when it is reached an automatic market order would be sent.

Third button: init position price & time : same as above but for a limit order at a specified time that would be kept in eSignal until the time is reached

4th button : same as 1 but with stop

5th button : same as 2 but with stop

and so on...

#16     Jun 15, 2002
  7. I just hope they won't consider Tradestation as the reference for their backtesting module developpment : we have had many more advanced tools since then like Wealth-Lab that can do a Monte Carlo , can give you your profit and loss distribution and other informations that you simply can't do with TS...

#17     Jun 15, 2002
  8. I think also and because of the soon-to-be released stock futures it would be good to display a spread instead of 2 stocks :

I mean I would like to display not CSCO or LU

but CSCO minus LU or CSCO plus LU or even CSCO divided by LU

#18     Jun 15, 2002
  9. Tony01

Tony01

cartm,

You can already darken the grid lines. Just right-click on the chart and click on colors, then select "grid." Then select "change color."

I hope this helps.

Tony

#19     Jun 15, 2002
  10. cartm

cartm

doesnt work on advanced charts, the grids are black but you cannot change them to a different style

#20     Jun 15, 2002