Esignal - Where is your Symbols Database?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jtmarlin, May 16, 2006.

1. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

Esignal - Where is your symbols database for NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ, ECBOT, CME, etc., etc.

For Example:

If I'm a trader and SEMI's are HOT today, where do I go and find all holdings or symbols for SMH? For all the money I pay Esignal, I'm sure I don't need to go to an external website like AMEX, copy the symbols, dump them in excel, open a new quote window in excel and dump them in. Please tell me there's another way to do this...

2. tr51

tr51

another esignal question...
    my sp emini 60 min. charts start and end on the hour, how do I program for them to start and end on the half hour. tks.

3. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

4. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

jtmarlin,

The Hot Groups Scan Window is what you would need to do this. Here's a few images to show what visually it looks like, and you'll notice in the second image there's an Export List button to send those symbols to a Quote Window of your choosing. For more information about this Scan Window, please visit this KB article.

Hot Groups Scan's Group List
    Hot Groups Scan's Stocks List

5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

You would do this with a Time Template, preferrably set to Automatic Start/End Times... like this.

[​IMG]

6. tr51

tr51

noted, tks

7. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

i don't see that option - do i have to pay for that? - other vendors such as dtn prohet and TS provide sector and symbol database internally within the application for FREE considering that would be a core component necessary to trade with...

8. eSignal wants to milk you for all you are worth, in other words, they just said...

"If you want stuff to work, you have to pay us more, because we are money hungry and don't give a $!^* about our customers"

:D

Don't worry, there are hundreds that are dis-satisfied just as you, me included.

9. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

The Hot Groups Scan Window is an Add-on feature to eSignal.

One alternative is QCharts from Quote.com. They have Sector Lists built in.

#10     May 16, 2006