esignal, what's all the beta-fuss?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bachelier, Mar 29, 2002.

1. mbt3

mbt3

Thx Wild..

I trust you are well..

I'm ok with esignal..thx.

regards mbt3

#11     Mar 30, 2002
  2. wild

wild

so am i ...

#12     Mar 30, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

cqg is better than futuresource - saving a few hundred dollars for cheaper software which did the same job would be fine, but as I tried the different software, once you use one which is better - you can't go back

esignal have just had terrible support - but if it is making you money - and you dont feel another software will make you anymore - stick with the cheapest you can get - which therefore is the best value for your own trading

when esignal is better than cqg - they will charge more than cqg charge - futuresource used to be the top of the crop - but they fell asleep and cqg are now the best and therefore charge a premium

#13     Mar 30, 2002
  4. cartm

cartm

can someone please tell me where to get info on the formula engine, i have been using the prebeta and beta and still cant figure out how to use it, also, has anyone been able to activate those shaded icons that were released in the previous version of the beta, i know how to access the fe but i dont know how to use it any help appreciated thanks

#14     Mar 30, 2002
  5. wild

wild

#15     Mar 30, 2002
  6. Just looked at the eSignal beta preview pages.

What's amazing is that except for the introduction of the formula engine, that they actually consider those features "advanced" :)

All things are relative.

#16     Mar 31, 2002
  7. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

In this week's latest beta we added 3LB, PNF, Renko, and Kagi studies. What's neat about these (and what differentiates eSignal from many others) is that you can use the line tools on these charts as well as place studies on them (eg: stochastic, Moving average, MACD...)

Some of the beta information pages are a little behind as we are about 2 weeks from going gold. The drawing tools were added from Advanced GET and Mutt Gundersen formerly of Ravenquote has been working on the advanced charting.

These pages have some information on formula engine now in eSignal: http://www.esignal.com/beta/formula.asp & http://www.esignal.com/beta/library.asp

There are over 1000 beta users currently, more than any other release in our history.

If you have any other questions on 7.0, let us know.

Chuck
    @ eSignal

#17     Mar 31, 2002
  8. Chuck -

Hopefully Gundersen's improved the performance over what Ravenquote had. And presumably eSignal has protected themselves and is making sure there isn't any former RQ code/algorithms making its way into eSignal so you don't run afoul of Erlanger (since he presumably bought all the RQ code and probably wouldn't want a former RQ developer to simply go elsewhere and recreate/reuse part of it). Those proprietary information lawsuits can be a real pain.

#18     Apr 1, 2002
  9. cartm

cartm

i would guess that they took that into consideration when they started developing the new platform. as a former rq user i can say that the charts are different and much better, i do not use pf, kagi, or renko but they are a nice addittion. also no fib time grids with rq. i still have not figured out how to activate those shaded icons im assuming they are still working on them. as far as lawsuits, esignal is a part of a billion dollar company that actually has a nice chart if you take a look at it, im sure they have plenty of lawyers on retainer to protect and provide assisstance with the property rights. imo the charts are fine they just need to work on the market minder, adding studies to it. later

#19     Apr 1, 2002
  10. wild

wild

cartm,

1. right-click in a quote field

2. click on "advanced chart" (between "detail window" & "intraday history") - right-click again within the chart that shows up ... delete the greyed-out tool bar or just forget about it.

regards

wild

#20     Apr 1, 2002