esignal vs. quote.com

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by syd697, Apr 25, 2002.

1. ron2368

ron2368

One huge problem I found with esignal ( prior version)was if you were using a 60 minute bar chart and opened the program at 10:15est the first bar would only show the range from when the program was opened and not from 9:30 am open. I remember I found a way to force the refresh but it was a pain to do it. When I reported it they agreed but never seemed in a rush to fix it.

Problem for me was that it killed any confidence I had in the data I was looking at. Also qcharts was MUCH better about removing bad ticks.

Does the new version have this fixed?

#11     Apr 27, 2002
  2. Doubt they ever will. How do you think they get the reliable data?

Limit the historical data
    Limit the number of symbols
    Don't provide free delayed exchanges

None of which QCharts does. There's no free lunch.

#12     Apr 27, 2002
  3. I had the same thing happen once. It turned out there was a file I need to delete in the eSignal directory. eSignal probably terminated incorrectly and a live config file was incorrect. Tech supported helped me and knew of the exact cause.

I load up eSignal after the open all the time and never see missing data. I"ll try with 60 min data tomorrow, just to see

#13     Apr 28, 2002
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

A few things being currently worked on and will be available later this year:

Mix and match realtime and delayed.

Expanded intraday data on US data - initially increasing from 60 days to 180 days ( 9 months ) and then building further from there.

Intraday and history data on International Equities, due out later this month.

Just added data from Lisbon, Warsaw and Budapest. Many more international exchanges coming in the future.

Already working on next version of 7.0; includes several new enhancements and improvements and should be available within a few weeks.

In addition to 75 pre-loaded efs files (eSignal Formula script), new ones are being posted each week and discussed here:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eSignal/files/

Great new promotional pricing available right now for customers switching from a qualified competitor. Includes a free month.

http://www.esignal.com/web/12272.asp

Thanks,

#14     May 9, 2002
  5. toby400

toby400

Looks like one of E-Signals software partners (Charting) is....Wizetrade.

Hope they read the reviews on software section of Elite Trader.

#15     May 9, 2002
  6. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

#16     May 10, 2002
  7. Chuck T,

Asian markets suport, beyond SGX-DT, please.

#17     May 10, 2002
  8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

We are right with you!

We are actively working on adding several Asian markets to our growing list of International and European Exchanges. We hope to add at least a few by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Thanks,

#18     May 10, 2002