Esignal vs. Qcharts.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by easyrider, Apr 27, 2002.

1. ssuits

ssuits

Am I correct in assuming that it is the concensus of all that Qcharts or eSignal are the best choices for extensive charting, indicators and features?
    If there is another choice, let me know. IM switching fron QQL and need to research choices

Also tell me more about how to get sector rotation info
    ssuits@triad.rr.com

#11     Jun 1, 2002
  2. The esignal scanner is good but 50 a month for it is insane. RealTick offers the Tony Oz scanner for only 20.00 and it's FAR more useful product IMHO. The Oz gap scans, bottom fishers, skyscrapers etc are real tradeable setups whereas the eSignal volume and price leaders etc are fine but nowhere as useful. I know it's more money but Townsend has the best charting service out there.

#12     Jun 1, 2002
  3. cussy

cussy

I think it costs the most, but it is the best product on the market... I was paying app. $250.00 / month trading SP eminis and only had a data problem when the CME screwed up. I stopped using realtick because the software I decided to use only is compatable with qcharts...

If you just need charting in real time... REALTICK is KING!

#13     Jul 24, 2002
  4. I have esignal to drive Advanced Get and qcharts to drive another program that my mechanical system resides in. Esignal 's charts are butt ugly, cumbersome to set up plus they have a ton of bad ticks. With esignal I only get 60 days intraday data and access to only 100 symbols for $120 bucks per month. Qcharts is still the best deal out there. If you need something that is super realiable with unlimited symbols then I would consider using Real Tick.

John

#14     Jul 24, 2002
  5. Not to mention the spate of bugs in their latest releases. They fix some, introduce others and tell us more fixes are coming.

In the meantime we've got bad data, erratic performance and other assorted goodies that make trading the joy that it is.

#15     Jul 24, 2002
  6. bosstin

bosstin

For those having trouble with the Qcharts servers, try reading the Basic Connectivity guide at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qcharts/files/Connectivity Guides/

Solved quite a number of issues for me like always connecting to slow servers, finding the fastest servers near me and finding out where the bottlenecks in the path are. It shows you how to choose what servers you want to insert into your ContinuumClient.ini.

For QCharts users having slow server problems, its worth a read...

#16     Jul 24, 2002