ESignal vs Qcharts Intraday Historical Cash/Futures Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by ES335, Oct 17, 2006.

1. ES335

ES335

Hi

Was wondering if anyone knows why ESignal only goes back about 8 months for historical intraday data (for ex, 5min charts) whereas QCharts goes back as far as 1998 for the NDX/NQ contract.

Do I have to pay up to get that or does ESignal just not have that data that goes back that far?

Thx
    ES335

2. djxput

djxput

They dont have the data ...

But ... esig bought Qcharts so they are attempting to bring the Qcharts data over to the Esig servers and both will eventually use the esig servers for the data.

3. ES335

ES335

I'll call them tomorrow to find out, but was this deal done recently in late Sep? How long do you think it will take for them to do the above?

4. djxput

djxput

Nah deal was done errr june or something ... but I dont think esig will have a long historical data-base till early to mid next year.

btw that's one of the reasons why I just resigned up for qcharts (the intra-day data) - nice for manually testing buy/sell triggers etc ...

oh if you do by chance sign up for Qcharts - they used to have a thing where if someone suggested you to sign up they got a month free - but not sure if they still do that or not. Be great if you did sign up that you could do me the honor to see if I'd get a month free :)

thanks