eSignal Vs. IQFeed

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bigitop, Mar 11, 2009.

1. MGB

MGB

Right, plugs into NinjaTrader.

As for performance, I think the client is for decompressing the data stream. More often, on these forums and elsewhere, IQFeed seems to come out ahead on performance.

By the way, Patsystems uses a client, too. NinjaTrader uses the client for the datafeed and executions. So, I don't think it's unusual.

#21     Mar 13, 2009
  2. I use IQFeed with QuoteTracker , excellent service - I use it for tick data ...couldn;'t be happier.

#22     Mar 14, 2009
  3. heech

heech

Here's one more reason for me to like IQFeed (which I'm evaluating today)... their servers are based in Dallas, just down the block (17ms) from my hosted servers.

Cool.

#23     Mar 16, 2009
  4. Esignal is just way too over price. Their pricy software is out of date. They are too focus on marketing works, sponsoring events rather than develop a good trading platform.

Their data is good as feeds are pulled directly from IDC. If you are after good & reliable feeds with no concern about pricing and platform then Esignal is obviously your number 1 choice

#24     Mar 16, 2009
  5. NxCore runs about $500/mo. for ALL symbols. No symbol limit bs.
    It's supposed to be like..."IQFeed on steroids".

#25     Mar 16, 2009
  6. NxCore is good. Quant Station also has a built in support for NxCore but its data rate is way too high, not really suitable for visualization.

If you are after a market monitoring, scanning and charting then NxCore is over-kill for you. However if you need a feed for your ATS then it is perfectly suited.

#26     Mar 16, 2009
  7. I've used eSignal for a while now. I've tried many others but I like eSignal the best, mostly for charting and overall functionality. Many of the comments I read here aren't reflective of my experience. Like all high-end data suppliers, they offer a trial so just see for yourself.

#27     Mar 17, 2009
  8. moarla

moarla

change on IQ feed: true tick (not shure if starts right now or from weekend)

#28     Mar 17, 2009
  9. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Effective this past weekend, we upgraded our ticker plant to read the Fix/Fast feed from CME Group for electronic futures. Thus, the aggregated trades that came through in the old CME protocol (ITC) is no longer an issue for DTN users.

#29     Mar 17, 2009
  10. gttrader

gttrader

Excellent an upgrade, good work. That's nice to know, as a customer I missed the memo.

#30     Mar 17, 2009