eSignal vs IQ Feed

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by obamapips, Jul 29, 2011.

1. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

We had eSignal for years as a redundant data feed to our main stream data (we use direct feeds, Real Tick etc). However, in the past 6 months we switched to DTN IQ as eSignal kept on getting worse every month. Surprisingly, IQ feed is much better, more stable and cleaner. I suggest IQ feed for sure.

Cheers,
    MAESTRO

#21     Dec 1, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

yeah..two dollars..first hike was like 50%..imo it work like this-let's rise the price! how many customers did we lose? let's say 10 out of 1000. let's do this again! and so on.

#22     Dec 1, 2011
  3. Just a quick correction, it was my error today having issues with IQfeed and grabbing 1 minute historical intra-day data (had issue with our code. basically we did not handle correct our history if a stock was not longer trading on NYSE, or NSDQ.) I sent an email and had my programmer follow up with IQfeed, this morning AND honestly they responded FAST, and really wanted to help and solve my issue.) IT was my bad, and not an error on their side. So far, IQfeed support and technical staff really have been great and I do appreciate it. So far, my experience the past 6-11 months really has been awesome with IQfeed. FYI

#23     Dec 1, 2011
  4. larssan

larssan

I've used eSignal for two year and switched to iqFeed two three months ago.

I would say that both are good but the difference in price is not reasonable.

So I would recommend you to use iqFeed.

/Lars

#24     Jan 5, 2012
  5. It seem like everyone vote for IQFeed. me too. :)

#25     Jan 5, 2012
  6. You all are talking about futures data only, right? I am using SierraChart with Velocity as the broker with data feed from TT since middle of 2011. Could not be happier.

SierraChart : $0 / month
    Data feed (TT Fix) - rock solid :$0 / month

Completely seamless backfill of data (by the tick). And of course SierraChart is an amazing platform. Velocity's published rates are also the lowest "published" rates I have seen

#26     Jan 6, 2012
  7. lwlee

lwlee

It's working now. You need to get the new version. Then validate your setup. Definitely worth it. Saves at least $30 a month.

#27     Jan 6, 2012
  8. SteveH

SteveH

With IQFeed, can you run multiple 3rd Party apps at the same time plus write your own applications to use their datafeed without paying more than the standard real-time fees?

With eSignal, you can run multiple 3rd Party apps simultaneously sharing the data feed at the flat annual rate. If you want to write your own, then you pay a one-time fee ($200) and then a monthly fee ($20). It's an ActiveX plugin so you can easily use .Net if you like.

To put things in a real-world, small business perspective, the cheapest tick-based data feed is going to cost you $3 a day while eSignal is closer to $6 (based on a 240 day year). Most businesses which are non-internet, at-home based are looking at $100+ per day in overhead just to open up their doors.

[Caveats: TradeStation is a little cheaper than IQFeed but you have to trade through them]

#28     Jan 8, 2012
  9. lwlee

lwlee

What irritated me about eSignal was when I found out they charged extra to use their excel DDE plugin. They seem to have a fee for everything. I was thinking of using eSignal as a backup but it's too expensive if you don't use it.

Now that QP2 is out of the game, let's hope DTN isn't next. There really isn't any other real-time data providers other than DTN and eSignal.

#29     Jan 8, 2012
  10. OldGoat

OldGoat

I am broker agnostic -- primarily interested in good rates and execution. Unless Velocity's rates include Exchange and Regulatory fees, they are far from the lowest. For example, IB is $0.50 for E-minis [granted that when you add on the Ex&Rg fees that goes up to $2.02 for ES/NQ/YM and $2.32 for CL/NG].

If there is a broker out there that provides Stock, Futures, and Options at better rates with equal or better execution I'd like to know about them. I acknowledge there are several things about IB that don't set well with me. Just haven't been able to find a better alternative -- all things considered.

Be Happy and Prosper :)

#30     Feb 2, 2014