eSignal vs IQ Feed

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by obamapips, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm looking for realtime futures data feed, can someone comment on eSignal or IQ Feed.

Which is better, eSignal or IQ Feed ?

Please advice.

2. soonhwei

soonhwei

am using iq feed, no complaint at all. speed & data quality is surprising good even am in Singapore. think e-signal is a bit pricey compare to iq feed?

3. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

I would suggest checking out www.kinetick.com as well. Lowest priced option compared to the others you mentioned.

4. soonhwei

soonhwei

Hi, i have 2 questions:

1. can i stream in the data into Sierrachart?
    2. Do you have any idea of the data speed & quality if receiving the data in Asia region?
    3. i have participated in the CME group globex fees waiver program, do i need to re-signup again or the old 1 will do?

thanks.

5. NinjaTrader_Ray

1. No, Kinetick only works with NinjaTrader.
    2. I do not have direct experience never having sat in Asia connected to Kinetick however, we do have a lot of customers in the Pacific Rim region and do not have anyone voicing concerns about the quality of the connection.
    3. The following page provides exact instructions on how to qualify for the CME waiver program with NinjaTrader/Kinetick. http://www.kinetick.com/cme-validation

6. CrackPipe

CrackPipe Guest

iq feed is the best v esignal (over priced and unreliable) & kinnetic (cheap - you get what you pay for)

7. hey soonhwei,

thx for the feed back.

8. NinjaTrader_Ray

I am glad you feel IQFeed is the best since Kinetick is based on IQFeed. They are the technology provider for Kinetick!

9. CrackPipe

CrackPipe Guest

really? so you just resell iq at a cheaper price?

i just saw an add for free futures EOD data - and in my experience you get what you pay for - with the exception of e-signal. How can you offer this for free if even the exchanges (esp NYMEX) charge for EOD - unless Im mistaken.

Anyway, rest assured, Im here eating my words with a slice of humble pie!

10. +1

Ive used esignal in the past and have moved to IQ feed about 2 years ago. Other than the fact that i need to pay up 90$/mo i love it. 5 years down the lane data will be cheaper but for now IQFeed is best.

Did not try kinnetic but its no good for me; it only feeds into NT.

#10     Jul 29, 2011