Esignal vs CQG

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by UnderGround, Mar 24, 2003.

1. What's your thought on these two data providers? Has anyone here used both of them? Is there really a big difference now adays between these two feeds? It seems Esignal has been doing a heck of a job updating their live data feeds etc. Would going with CQG (a professional) provider provide a higher more reliable quality feed over Esignal or would it just be a waste of money? Basically I want to know who can provide the most up to date live feed - price wise? (trading mostly E-mini's and futures plus a few stock as of right now).

Thanks for you help.

2. esignal rocks--and I've used a lot of data feeds...

3. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

I agree ......E-Signal Rocks.....

I've used TradeStation, Real Tick, Metastock, TC 2000
    ( and others that don't count).
    Esig is the best for me by far.

I have not used CQG..... so would like to hear from those who have.
    What do you get for all those BIG $$$$$$$$$$

4. ZBear - I agree has anyone tried CQG? And your thought's?

5. CQG: very reliable data feed, nice product with very easy to use programming language, used in most banks' trading rooms, expensive (around 1000/mth satellite, 600 internet).
    The individual trader does not seem to interest them. I used them while working for a bank. Kept them for 6months when I left to trade my own money. Left CQG because of their bad consumer service (at least, when you are a small client) and false promises (and i am not the only one in Europe to have had this kind of problems with them...).

6. jay567

jay567

what kind of problems did u have to have to call cust service? was it tech related or account related?

7. Tech: hopefully, I knew the software very well because the only time I had a problem with a formula, I never got a reply (when working at the bank, someone from cqg was coming once per month... but we had at least 50 cqg's)

Account: there is no price on their website: when I first called them to show my interest in their product, they told me to sign quickly because their pricing policy was going to change. I sign, they tell me my price is fixed for a year ... but they change it after the first month. I don't agree and they say ok new price but 50% off you next monthly payment. Three months later, i was still waiting fot these 50%. I live in Europe, their commercial service was in France and accounting service in London. Paris always said: we have to check with London and London always said: we have to check with Paris....

When you are paying for a Mercedes, you don't expect to be treated like that.

8. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Keep up with the competition or perish....

Sounds like they are courting Bankruptcy....

But who knows ?

9. No I don't think they are courting bankrupcy. They are more instistutional than retail, that's a choice.

10. mongoose

mongoose

Marathon, how long ago was your experience with them? I have been using them for a while now and i think their customer service is top notch. I am unsure about their branch in France( i go through Milan), but i haven't had any problems of that sort. Their data is the cleanest i've experienced and works fine on my 64kbps connection. I am paying 470$ per month for cqgnet with cme, eurex and amex enabled. The reason i am using cqg instead of other vendors is because my broker(efutures.com) offers cqg/otto in addition to j trader. J trader uses too much bandwidth i've been told, and i was intrigued with entering orders straight of the charts. So far my experience has been great.

#10     Mar 24, 2003
    Obelixtrader likes this.