Esignal "unusual volume"

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by foible, Aug 10, 2006.

1. foible

foible

I'm currently using QCharts for my charting and alerts but have been working on a system which requires a customized study. I don't think QCharts supports this, but it looks like eSignal Premier does (with the Advanced Charting).

One of the very useful things about QCharts is that it has an "unusual volume" column which can be added to its quote windows, displaying what percentage of the 65 day average volume a stock has done. I love that feature and would be sad to lose it, but I can't see if eSignal offers this.

Can anyone tell me if eSignal has this feature? If not, are there any other charting programs available that might offer both the "unusual volume" as well as customized studies?

2. I don't see this in my column choices in esignal, but it may be coming eventually now that the same company owns esignal and qcharts.

Cheers,

Paul

3. Dortch

Dortch

foible,
    According to Jack Hershey...this column is the "Money" column.
    If you are trading a universe of stocks that adhere to the Price Volume relationship as Jack and others have set forth, paying close attention to this column for the first 2 hours of the trading day will pay huge dividends. Search for "unusual volume." Throw Jack into the search and things really get interesting.