Esignal support is rubbish

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Apr 15, 2004.

1. kowboy

kowboy

They had me do a clean install yesterday but in addition they directed me to manually remove some .ini files which may have been corrupted. The .ini files remain after the uninstall.

For some reason I have had crashes lately and this seemed to fix the problem so far, but we'll see.

And yes, a 20 minute wait on hold for a rep is no fun.

#11     Apr 15, 2004
  2. For those concerned:

Yes, I'm using 636a. Actually, did a clean install. Walked through the whole thing with a support person.

I have tracked the problem down to this: the api. I'm virtually certain this is where the problem is coming from. Happy to answer any questions for those interested.

Just for the record, I told the following to the esignal support person I worked with: I would be only too happy to pay another $100 per month to get timely and consistant service. I told him I was pleased with my every contact with senior support staff. I also told him (again) the online support staff is all but useless. Did you get that esignal? I"d pay more. Happily. Just fix the situation.

#12     Apr 15, 2004
  3. Ditch, does ensign have market profile charts? That's the big sticking point for me. Thanks for your thoughts.

#13     Apr 15, 2004
  4. Ditch

Ditch

Yes, it's called price histogram however.

#14     Apr 15, 2004
  5. wnmm

wnmm

I am fairly new user of eSignal, and I tend to agree with Ditch. Use a different charting software. After all, the "1000.00" of money you have spent at eSignal is for the data service. I do not see you complaining about the data service. Of course it's only my opinion and my way of looking at it, but the way I see it, eSignal Software is free. At that price I think it is pretty good.

#15     Apr 15, 2004