eSignal Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lp3yc, May 24, 2006.

1. It is not as idiotic as you think. The majority of the traders are not successful, so the title is correct for the majority that will receive the mailing.

You should be glad that it sounds like an insult to you, because if not it would mean you are one of those who do not know how to trade.

:) :)

#21     Jun 1, 2006
  2. Aaron

Aaron

*laugh* Thanks, Spike.

#22     Jun 1, 2006
  3. Josh009

Josh009

I posted a few suggestions here before, but apparently they were deleted. Thank you, overzealous ET moderators.... why don't you delete Mowrey's bs instead of helpful suggestions?

At any rate, occasionally there is a bad tick, and it messes up the charts (see attached). Perhaps there's a way to filter these out? I know i can fix it by resizing the chart and dragging it all over the place, but everytime i change intervals it must be resized again.

Thanks

• ah.png
      File size:
      14.2 KB
      Views:
    #23     Jun 7, 2006
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Josh,

In the next release of eSignal (8.1) we will introduce full support for CID's (corrections, insertions and deletions) in our intraday history data. So, if the exchange sends a bad tick and then a correction, our system will automatically clean and correct our history db's. Only a small handful of data vendors fully support CID's and most of them are aimed at the Institutional marketplace. Should be a great enhancement for our users.

Initially, CID support is for all US Equities and Futures. Eventually, we'll support European and Asia/Pac exchanges (as long as they support and transmit CID info).

8.1 is slated for this summer, likely by early August.

Thanks.

#24     Jun 7, 2006
  5. patch227

patch227

How about a feature like IB's chart trader. This is a great system which could be taken a lot further.

(Click on the chart to enter orders at that price point. )

#25     Jun 22, 2006
  6. When you have a volume spike, the volume bars that follow
    are shown only as specks. When you drag the volume
    scale up to expand the bars, the bars do expand,
    but at the same time they go down below the bottom
    border of the volume pane and are no longer visible.
    If you could then put your pointer in the volume
    pane and drag the bars up as a whole in their
    expanded state, that would be fine. But that function
    is not available in the volume pane, even though it is in
    the price pane.
    As many stocks and futures have opening spikes, you must wait
    for that spike to run off the chart before the bars expand to a
    level at which they can be read. There is an EFS that helps to
    some extent, but is not ideal. So now I have to go to the Bar
    Editor and delete each volume spike.

If the drag function that now exits in the price pane could
    be applied to the volume pane too, those of us who do look closely at volume would be very happy to see such an improvement.
    Reuters, Bloomberg etc, have this function, and as eSignal already has it in the price pane, I'll bet they could easily apply it to the volume pane before lunch today!!

gaijin

#26     Jun 22, 2006
  7. I have esignal and IB and can do this in several different ways. They have an order ticket that you can attach to a chart for single click orders, and I have several formulas that I can make trades with. One places several buttons on the chart. The first button fires off a market buy, the second fires off a market sell, the third allows for a limit buy at a price level I click on, and the last allows for a limit sell at the price level I click on.

There are other formulas I've played with that fire off orders based on hitting things like support/resistant lines or crossing MAs, but I don't use them as much.

Cheers,

Paul

#27     Jun 22, 2006
  8. pihhip

pihhip

Pls Remove ONE ticks CANDLE(such as 100T) cross TWO days.

one 100T CANDLE caclulate in ONE day 40 ticks record and 60 ticks record in NEXT day, this should remove.
    TICKS CANDLE should caclulate only in its current session. not cross session.

#28     Jun 23, 2006
  9. Used QCHARTS for about a year, bad.
    Just started with eSignal, looks good, much better, with respect to data. Charting not as good as QCHARTS, about the best charting interface but horrible on data, servers, support etc.

Now that eSignal has bought QCHARTS, what are the plans for upgrading and improving QCHARTS? When? soon? what is intended?

My eSignal crashed today, politely informed me it was sending a CrashReport.... and yesterday it froze. Anyone with similar problems?

eSignal has great support - live, forum, etc; QCHARTS should have similar support; eSignal's data appears ok so far, QCHARTS should improve to that level or better.... comments?

Thanks

#29     Jun 28, 2006
  10. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Jahajee,

I think you'll find nearly all of your questions answered in this 90 Day Update we posted recently.

On the crashing issue, please contact us directly for assistance. Each time you see that crash report, please be sure to hit "send". We count reports on your account and the engineers can search by username to find a pattern. It's usually pretty tough to figure out a single crash but anything that happens fairly often is much easier to isolate and fix.

Thanks.

#30     Jun 29, 2006