eSignal stipping volume from CBOT a/c/e markets (e.g. YM) since mid-Oct

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mtzianos, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Andy,

Thank you, I wish I would have known about that bulletine a couple of weeks ago. Is there a way to automatically have any/all forum messages forwarded to my email to I HAVE to see them. Otherwise I'll just miss 'em. Between bulletins from esign, my broker, the government, the exchanges, etc etc, most of us aren't going to go around hunting these things down. Especially considering they don'g crop up all that often.

Thanks for hearing me out.

#21     Nov 10, 2003
  2. Bsulli

Bsulli

Surprised that Esignal support didn't tell you how to receive these notices from within esignal software. From the top toolbar pulldown select "Tools" then "bulletins" then click on preferences and make sure that everything is checked marked. Then select how often you want the system to check for notices. Even threads your subscribed to(forum threads under the EFS area) with show up in the bulletin list. My wishlist item is for it to be expanded to all threads I subscribe to. I have mine set to check on startup. It will put a flashing read icon down on the lower windows/not esignal tool tray next to the connection manager icon.

The CBOT volume notice that has been talked much about in this thread was posted and I recieved it on the same day within the bulletin notice system in my tool tray.

fwiw

Good luck and good trading.

Bsulli

#22     Nov 10, 2003
  3. Bsulli,

Thanks for the info, a nice little surprise indeed.

#23     Nov 10, 2003
  4. Hi Bsulli,

Thanks for the follow up! Actually, I left that out purposely as we are having some difficulties with the load balance to our servers and due to this, have disabled the feature.

For more information on this, please go to this link.

Bundlemaker, another option would be to subscribe to the particular announcement threads that would be of importance to you. That way each time an announcement is posted, you would receive an email of that post.

For more information on subscribing to threads/forum, please visit our faq's here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Andy
    eSignal Support

#24     Nov 10, 2003
  5. Bsulli

Bsulli

Maybe as a suggestion of leaving that out on purpose might it been better to explain that the service does exist but is temporarily turned off? Not being disagreeable.

On another note.
    http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/faq/esignal/bulletins/bulletins_clear.asp

My wishlist for this link is for no bulletins to be cleared until I actually acknowledge them. Occasionally I will login and backout before thinking to check for the blinking icon and I then have to manually visit the site to find out if I missed any notices.

Also I have enabled auto login for the fileshare area under "tools" then "esignal central fileshare settings" but when I click on the "folders icon" or select "Customer support" then "esignal file share" is doesn't automatically log me on. Is that also disabled per your prior post?

Thanks in advance.

Bsulli

#25     Nov 10, 2003
  6. Hi Bsulli,

Your auto login to the File Share site thru the eSignal application should not have been affected. However, I'll forward this on to the developers for inspection.

Should anyone else experience this issue, please post over at eSignal Central on the eSignal 7.x forum and let us know.

Thanks,
    Andy

#26     Nov 10, 2003
  7. I don't know anything for sure, but I have seen a quote from a Eurex exec (Michael McErlean, the managing director of Eurex U.S., in Active Trader mag) to the tune of "the new version is two or three versions ahead of what's currently being used." in regards to the A/C/E platform. I assume and hope the latest version spits out more info.

#27     Nov 10, 2003