Esignal Software Behind IB TWS by 15 Seconds !

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EdgeHunter, Mar 2, 2006.

1. omniscient

omniscient Guest

yes. i was paying almost $300/mo with esignal. now i pay $10/mo for IB data and $60/yr for QT. i understand that some of those monthly fees were exchange fees, but i wasn't paying $300 worth of exchange fees.
    sort of. the majority of the time, my e$ignal kept up with my broker feed. fed days were often a no-show, but overall pretty reliable. no service or data feed will ever offer 100% reliability or availability.
    uhm, better as in more useful not necessarily more stuff. though, personally, i much prefer being able to us MP charts with studies applied to the charts - that way i don't have to keep up multiple charts of a particular market.
    not interested.
    yes. i appreciate the e$ignal rep making efforts here, but when working with e$ignal directly it was less than memorable. Jerry and the guys at QT are unreal - damn near instant feedback 24/7. the guys at linnsoft are pretty amazing too. and i think you can get IRT from linnsoft for about $50/mo with an IB feed and historical backfill.
    yes. QT and IRT as constantly adding/tweaking/testing/etc features and functionality. e$ignal may have a bigger market so it seems less practical for them to continually release new upgrades, but, like QT and IRT, you wouldn't have to upgrade if you didn't want to.
    no i think that about does it: usability, price, availability, enhancements, and customer service.

hth

take care :)

omni

#51     Mar 13, 2006
  2. Dont forget SierraChart (www.sierrachart.com).

Like QT its inexpensive and uses the IB datastream and backfeed. The interface has a different look and feel so that some who like QT won't like SC and vice versa. SC is more flexibile in that it has a programable Worksheet interface and a dll interface so there's quite a bit of free software from other parties.

I have friends who use Esig on the US markets but use Sierrachart on Hang Seng where market is fast and the esig delays become unacceptable.

#52     Mar 13, 2006
  3. Jay,

Imagine how happy I am with esiganl.

I pay nearly $200 a month

I only use Esignal for Eurex data which has had about six major outages in the last year. Some for half a day.

I just spent $3000 on the fastest AMD64 machine to run esignal only to find out that esignal doesn't work properly with these chips.

And on top of all that, i have $6000 worth of custom EFS script development which is pretty much useless to me if I switch providers.

I went with esignal initially because you seemed to be the most reliable feed, but history has shown that you're not even close. Becuase you leave data errors and data holes in your historical data after an outage, it is useless for backtesting. And every time your data drops out, all indicators are incorrectly calculated for that day or week which makes trading off EFS signals impossible.

On top of this you do not run checks on your data to know when they are lagging. You wait for customers to ring and abuse you before you start checking for problems.

Often I pull up a 5 minute chart and a one hour chart for the same symbol and the data is completly different. How in all hell is this possible?

And so far your company has been promising to correct this situation for two years. TWO BLOODY YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as you can imagine, I'm pissed off with your company. Please run and tell Chuck to get his shit together otherwise he can be assured that I will be attending the next Interactive Data AGM to tell everyone how badly managed a company esignal really is.

Runningbear

#53     Mar 13, 2006
  4. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

I know there is a Jay from Esignal that posts here too. However, I am not the Jay from Esignal (assuming you are referring to me in your post). Don't be mad at me :)

Thanks

Jay

#54     Mar 13, 2006
  5. This guy is obviously clueless when it comes to trading software as E*Trade provides eSignal quality charts for free yet he knocks E*Trade on the broker rating and also knocks eSignal on it's service for the paid software. I hope his conflicting complaints are obvious to all the rest who read his posts.

#55     Mar 13, 2006
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm.....I don't exactly understand this post.:confused:

#56     Mar 13, 2006
  7. BSAM, I don't understand what there is to be confused about. There is a broker rating on one quote and the eSignal complaint on the other quote. He obviously doesn't use the E*Trade platform that us real traders use, since he doesn't know that he can get the same charts (that he doesn't need, so he says) at no charge if he's a PRO user. Did I not break them up appropriately?

#57     Mar 13, 2006
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Hey.....The dude doesn't like ETrade and he doesn't like eSignal, apparently for different reasons. What's the conflict?:confused:

#58     Mar 13, 2006
  9. How does this guy know what I have experience with?

I voiced my opinion on the software and brokers I have used.

Sounds like someone defending Etrade.... haha, now you know something is wrong :)

#59     Mar 14, 2006
  10. eSignal has FINALLY posted a date for eSignal 8. Hmmmmm... I wonder if this thread had anything to do with it :p

But better yet... I'm wondering why they delayed it from January, and why eSignal 7.9 is lagging?

Also, how does eSignal solve it's piss poor support that it provides, which they have not even replied to this thread, but decided to start a new one to avoid the heat.

Great stuff.

But, this is how you get things done from companies, you point out the problems, and make sure everyone knows about them.

Stuff gets done that way.

#60     Mar 14, 2006