Esignal Software Behind IB TWS by 15 Seconds !

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EdgeHunter, Mar 2, 2006.

1. I noticed a post from an eSignal rep earlier in this thread. Any more input...?

#41     Mar 12, 2006
  2. I don't see the need to spend anything approaching $300/monthly for esignal. I pay $133 or thereabouts for Premier, all equities, US index, CBOT YM futs and various foreign indexes. Admittedly, I use esignal for the EFS functionality and MP charting and not as a standalone source of data. I don't need nor pay for CME eminis as I trade off cash charts, but the CBOT supplies YM futures for free.

#42     Mar 12, 2006
  3. too much heat; doubt any of them lame arses can handle da pressure of criticismz'n'dissatisfaction.

#43     Mar 12, 2006
  4. It's a shame... this is the kind of support eSignal provides.

One day someone will create a better product than eSignal and eSignal won't be able to buy them out.

We just got to wait.

Oh by the way eSignal staff, still waiting for any news on that version 8........

Or is that just a forgotten memory.

#44     Mar 12, 2006
  5. Yes they were always talking about January but know it has blown out another six months. So it has taken about two years so far to integrate this futuresource tickerplant.

Surprise, surprise.

I could build the great pyramid of Egypt in the time it takes esignal's programmers to fix a bug.

Unfortunately after three years with esignal, I am firmly of the opinion that esignal is a poorly managed company that does not have its customers interests at heart.

Runningbear

#45     Mar 12, 2006
  6. Yeah.

Stupid simple bugs... like for example, if you detatch a window from the esignal application, and pin it to the desktop, and you right click on the chart. Thiere is no way to exit the right click menu unless you actually select an option. So if I accidently right click on the chart, I am forced to click on something, I can't just click out. It's annoyoying, and I asked for a fix, they said WAIT.

That was over 4 months ago.

Isn't it a pitty.

I hope everyone that has the same issues with eSignal will write a review on ET and post your concerns, write reviews explaining those concerns.

I personally don't feel they deserve any new customers until they satisfy their current customers.

Anyone else feel the same way.

I wrote a review, giving them thumbs up, but only because there is not any significant competition yet. But I hope this changes soon, because those boys will be screwed.

I hope I can convince some of the magazines and such like Barrons to review esignal for the truth, unless eSignal is paying thse companies off.

Just pisses me off how crappy they are and how they can get away with it, it will come back to bite them. I hope someone from eSignal forwards this to the idiot who runs that company.

#46     Mar 12, 2006
  7. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

I am curious, What are the keys that would make you think something is better than Esignal? Obviously, everyone's needs are different, and I would love to learn what the keys are for you (or others on the forum).

A better price?
    a more reliable feed?
    A better analytics package?
    Better news?
    Better customer support?
    More frequent upgrades?
    other things?

Just curious what items are hot buttons for you... if you prefer, you can PM me..

Jay

#47     Mar 13, 2006
  8. A better price?
    Yes

a more reliable feed?
    DEFINATELY YES

A better analytics package?
    I don't use the analytics, I just need a chart with price and moving averages.

Better news?
    Yeah, but you have to tack on more money to even get some news from eSignal.

Better customer support?
    Having ANY customer support would be a plus, eSignal doesn't seem to do much effort to provide support. I find on the community other users seem to provide more support.

More frequent upgrades?
    Again, any upgrades would be nice. I haven't had a single upgrade since I subscribed to eSignal, still have these idiotic bugs, still no news on a beta that was supposed to be coming in January.

other things?
    It's just the little things that tick me off about eSignal.

And the big things, like a reliable data feed... is no longer reliable to me. What is it good for anymore? But again, there is not much in the way of competition, it's a pity.

I really like how I can manipulate eSignal's charts any way I like, scaling them and such and they have some nice drawing tools. That is all I really need.

I don't even demand that much of eSignal, probably the least of many traders, yet I'm not satisfied.

So that's what I'm looking for. For a price tag that doesn't make me feel like I'm supporting a bad cause, which is eSignal.

EDIT: also something that isn't a resource hog.

Ever tried dropping a Volume Profile on eSignal, the thing fails to move anymore and bogs down the entire system. It's pathetic.

#48     Mar 13, 2006
  9. hey esignal rep - where u at - mo more comments ? - i'm done with esignal after 3 years - terrible customer service - useless efs - bad data - lagging data - expensive - oh and i see u bought your competitor - i guess all esignal users will be dreaming of fibonacci circles next :) - switching to quotetracker with an IB backend - now that sweet and only 17 bucks a month for both

#49     Mar 13, 2006
  10. BSAM

BSAM

No, you don't have to wait.

www.quotetracker.com

How does eSignal stay in business???:confused: Incredible.

#50     Mar 13, 2006