Esignal Software Behind IB TWS by 15 Seconds !

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EdgeHunter, Mar 2, 2006.

1. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Yes, our IQFeed will feed NeoTicker with 500 simultaneous symbols for $50 (equities) to $70 (equities and Futures) per month.

In addition, we recently release a product called ProphetX Active Trader, which is a completely new entrance into the Equity, Emini and Forex trading market. It is designed to specifically address the concerns of traders who are tired of unreliable datafeeds and stripped down analytics packages in the sub $100 price range.

More information on this new service will be available on EliteTrader shortly, but in the mean time, here is a short list of the features:

- No limit on the number of symbols you can watch
    - Direct data from the exchanges (speed and reliability)
    - Advanced Analytics with complete flexibility of the interface (custom studies, custom formulas, custom signals, etc)
    - continuos contracts/charting for the emini
    - Minute data going back 1 year+
    - Drag and Drop throughout the client (drag symbols from a quote sheet onto a chart, drag and drop tabs to move windows around, etc)
    - Multi Monitor capable
    - Drag and Drop DDE to Excel
    - Full workspace and template support
    - Tabbed and Paged windows to quickly and easily group and access data
    - Email, TTS, "Application Run" actions for alerts
    - Real time news from PR, Bizwire and RealTimeTraders with full text searching and filtering

We are now offering free trials of both IQFeed and prophetx Active Trader, so feel free to call and get setup if you have any questions - 800-475-4755.

Jay

#31     Mar 3, 2006
  2. So would the cost for this be $100 to IQfeed plus $100 or so to neoticker? Is there a way to set up a demo for a day or so.

Thanks

#32     Mar 4, 2006
  3. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

We offer a 7 day trial. The cost for IQFeed to feed NeoTicker would be $50 per month (for equities only) or $70 per month for equities and futures (eminis) (plus exchange fees). These are the monthly contract fees and don't require an annual commitment in order to receive this price.

The sub $100 pricing I mentioned (the monthly price is $95) is for our ProphetX Active Trader edition which couples our internally developed analytic software with our datafeed. This is a completely separate service/package than our IQFeed service which feeds 3rd party software.

To try IQFeed for Neoticker, you can sign up for a trial at www.iqfeed.net/neoticker.

Jay

#33     Mar 6, 2006
  4. Today was checking out the YM. Lagging at least 2 seconds behind my CQG Trader platform charts.

WTF is going on with Esignal????

I pay over 100 bucks for this program, so do many others. Damn, I hate big companies that screw their customers.

I hope in the future there are more options for charts and such, because I would not be suprised if eSignal takes over all the charting packages, X_Trader takes over all the DOM type packages, and well firms like IB take over stock trading.

It would suck for traders in the future.

I hope someone from eSignal is taking notice of the fact that the crap is acting crappy, fix the crap so it isn't so crappy.

And I don't feel like an idiot for paying for the crappy crap. Does that make sense?

Thank you.

#34     Mar 8, 2006
  5. I won't feel like an idiot for paying for this crap*

BTW, does anyone know when eSignal 8 is due to become beta?

I was told by a staff member that January there would be news about eSignal 8. Not heard a thing. So the support team lies, the suck, and the program is sucking.

Can eSignal get any worse.

I hope competition comes along and forces eSignal to get their act together. It pisses me off how they screw their customers.

#35     Mar 8, 2006
  6. Anyone using DTN? How does their feed compare with esignal?

#36     Mar 8, 2006
  7. teeoff

teeoff

I used to use esignal and switched to DTNIQ in May of last year. I love DTNIQ and have actually never lost my connection or had any lag time on my software. When I was using esignal I noticed some lag time and lost connection a few times each month. The funny thing is that DTN is priced lower than esignal and it is much better in my experience. I know several people who have also made the move to DTN from esignal and they are very pleased.

I think esignal puts too much effort into coming out with new versions every few months than they do with actual support of their data feed.

#37     Mar 8, 2006
  8. just21

just21

There is plenty of competition mentioned in this thread, DTN, Quotecenter, IB. Maybe there is inertia to switch.

#38     Mar 8, 2006
  9. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

I traded with esignal and comparing it to the the swifttrade prosperpoo there was a brutal lag......

I was then trading at another prop house and had both esignal and realtick running......realtick was well ahead....

I trade the NYOB so there is an inherent lag in the feed from the source book anyway but for one feed provider to lag with the same information is just unbelievable...Then the fees.....it seems as though higher fees dont correlate with a better feed...

As an aside....Esignal charting was the best charting I have ever used....you could do anything with the basic package and when i try to manipulate my current charts I get annoyed at the simple setup I currently work. Clearly not made by a trader..

#39     Mar 10, 2006
  10. Esignal should never be purchased by new traders for a full year. Do the monthly plan, then if you need to go back to the drawing board you will not be FORCED to pay $300+ a month for nothing.

it can get really cold under the covers when you are not trading and paying all that cash out.

Esignal sucks newbies in for a year simply because they know that over many years in the business that many traders want out to rejigger the plan after a couple of months. Esignal wants to grab your ass for a full year............:eek: :eek: :eek:

#40     Mar 10, 2006