Esignal Software Behind IB TWS by 15 Seconds !

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EdgeHunter, Mar 2, 2006.

1. I just spoke with a rep at Quotecenter and found out that you can't open charts as pop ups. this means that you can only work within their platform. This makes it very difficult for multi monitor platforms unless you plan on stretching their page across all your monitors. If you did that any other program would be underneath. That is a major flaw in their system.

#21     Mar 2, 2006
  2. That may be a concern for some folks, but it's hardly a flaw. In my case it wouldn't effect me at all. I also found out that it is standalone, and for $135 per month you get world wide futures! The platform is the Reuters Bridgestation rebranded.

Also, it's a pretty simple fix if the lack of pop out charts is a problem. Just stretch quotecenter accross the screens and run a utility on the software you want to stay on top. IB's TWS has little tack buttons to do just that. In my case, I have one computer devoted to charting and one devoted to order entry, nothing else on either box, so it's a non-issue anyway.

#22     Mar 2, 2006
  3. How does this compare to reuters pkg offered by IB?

#23     Mar 2, 2006
  4. My understanding is that the Reuters package from IB is just the news feed. Quotecenter is sold through Equis (the Metastock people). They offer a delayed data service where you don't pay the exchange fees. I only need the data to create supply and demand points, and the IB feed will give me the real time feed for actual entries. This looks like a great package for a great price, Reuters has a strong reputation for accurate data.

#24     Mar 2, 2006
  5. Interactive Brokers offers Reuters BridgeChannel Basic Equities B Package real-time streaming news as an add-on service at a discounted Reuters group rate.

Details

For $100 per month, you will receive the entire Reuters Professional BridgeChannel Equities B Package which includes Reuters streaming news from around the world as well as Reuters US market data, analytics, and charts. For those who require instantaneous streaming news, this package is the standard for the industry.

US market data will be provided through the BridgeChannel for all your current market data subscriptions at no additional cost.
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/reutersBridgeChannel.php?ib_entity=ca

#25     Mar 3, 2006
  6. cmaxb

cmaxb

#26     Mar 3, 2006
  7. laocoon

laocoon

eSignal was again severely lagging IB today, right after the volatility spike triggered by the Intel news....

Whenever volatility spikes, eSignal is unusable....:mad:

#27     Mar 3, 2006
  8. The problem with this reuters package is that you can only open one chart at a time i believe. I tried a demo and if i remember correctly, that was the problem i had with it. I used to use the old Bridge Channel and loved it.

Does anybody have any info on Neotick? Can you use the quotes from IB and chart thru Neo? do they offer time and sales? I am currently with esignal, but the lag has me very concerned.

#28     Mar 3, 2006
  9. There is a data feed from DTN called IQfeed that will work with Neoticker www.iqfeed.net :D

#29     Mar 3, 2006
  10. just21

just21

Neoticker are not supporting IB backfill but they do support IB realtime if you want to build up your own database. Neoticker windows float on top of the desktop.

I presume you are talking about Reuters Bridgechannel from IB only allowing one chart at a time. Reuters Bridgestation rebadged as Equis Quotecenter uses a charting package called Athena Basic that supports multiple chart windows.

#30     Mar 3, 2006