eSignal slow 5-min and 1-min charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MiamiBeach, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Waggie945, good point about one bad router being able to screw up the whole thing

What I do not understand is why all the other data from eSignal is very fast.

If it was a bad router somewhere on the net my whole eSignal application would slow down not just the 5-min and 1-min charts.

I am no networking expert but I am just trying to think logically why would only part of the data be slowed and the other data lightening fast. I dont think routers are smart enough to slow down only certain kinds of data and let others pass fast.

This leads me to believe that it is the servers that handle the intraday data are getting overloaded.

Only eSignal tech support will be able to really track this down if they want. They seem very responsive to other issues so I hope they will see this and put some effort into solving the problem.

I do think eSignal is a great product overall

#11     Aug 1, 2003
  2. My experience with E-Signal Tech Support ( of which I had 4.85 hours worth on the phone last month, not too mention numerous E-mails ) is one in which I believe that they are very receptive to hearing about your problem, but actually fixing things and finding a solution can be a very long road, indeed . . . especially if they are dealing with an issue that they have not yet addressed.

E-Signal asked me for copies of my charting files, of which I sent them via E-mail, and the tech that I sent them to didn't understand what I had sent, nor did he believe that the files were VALID. The Head of Networking then comes back to me 2 weeks later and tells me that they will send out a "floppy" to me via FED-EX so that I can download these charting files for them, and they can then try and "duplicate" my EXACT same set-up.

Unfortunately, the ball continues to get dropped, ANOTHER WEEK GOES BY . . . and I have yet to receive anything from E-Signal via FED-EX.

At some point, it becomes such a DISTRACTION to your ability to FOCUS ON YOUR TRADING DAY, that you have to go elsewhere for your charting needs, even if it costs you more per month.

This is what I did.
    And I am very happy with REAL-TIC thus far.

#12     Aug 1, 2003