eSignal RAISING FEE'S AGAIN!!?!?? WTF

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JMowery1987, May 5, 2006.

1. Look, loudmouth, you are repeatedly harrassing me and have posted a threat. Are you part of the solution or part of the problem?

#51     May 9, 2006
  2. I'm done here, I'm sick of playing your damn games.

You should be fortunate to know that my trading platform is malfunctioning for me, so this is the only reason you are even getting my attention. YOU WILL NOT continue to harass me.

#52     May 9, 2006
  3. kowboy

kowboy

What would you recommend as an adapter software for IB?

#53     May 9, 2006
  4. Well, looks like you're part of the problem. Quit running your mouth and try stopping the replies to me.

PS - The Laser platform does pokemon trading? Amazing.

#54     May 9, 2006
  5. Esignal setup for my trading:
    basic 59$ (included RT futures)
    exchange fees 23$

Total for Esignal:82 $

Iqfeed setup for my trading:
    start up fee 50$
    basic 50$
    RT futures 20$
    exchange fees 23$

adapter 297 $ (own data)

Total for Iqfeed: 93$ plus setup fee of 50$ plus 297$ for adapter

To me it seems that Iqfeed is more expensive.
    So what's the fuzz about Esignal being expensive?
    Or did i miss something?

#55     May 9, 2006
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

spike - when i looked at esignal, they were wayyyyy more expensive than that. if you are trading other futures other than e-minis then your cost structure falls apart. they were like another $40 just to get futures data, then another $43 for full globex/cme etc etc

ensign monthly: $40
    iqfeed monthly $50
    futures surcharge $20
    exchange feed $43

$153.

the $50 is waived all the time to make it look like some offer.

if you did just trade e-minis, im sure the difference would be about the same, as the fee for that data seems to be $15 where ever you go.

lord only knows what this adapter thing is you are on about.

id be interested to see a link to these esignal costs you mention.

when i tallied esignal up it was like $300 pcm.

#56     May 9, 2006
  7. spike500 I think it actually works out cheaper if you get an annual subscription to DTN.IQ (IQFeeds's alter ego), something like $45 per month if memory serves. Of course you'll need to add exchange fees, etc.

If you need European data, you get shagged by eSignal, as you have to go to the higher priced service, + surcharge (although I could be wrong here) + exchange fees.

If you wanted DAX data, DTN.IQ should be cheaper.

Their data was quite noisy in the past, don't know if they have fixed these issues these days. In addition, their data was minute stamped if memory serves. Again don't know if they have fixed this, but this is an issue if you need accurately timestamped tick data to feed into, say, Matlab for analysis.

#57     May 9, 2006
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

here we go:

http://www.esignal.com/esignal/pricing/default.asp#

looks like for futures (proper futures, not e-mini) you get to pay 115+43+25=183.

the basic service you mention is nor $85 so i guess you must have some deal going, or you dont look at your bank statements.

this is just to get a chart and real time data going for one exchange (cme). if you want add ons i guess you are screwed some more

no thanks.

equaliser makes a good point though - at the end of the day it depends on what you subscribe to. futures traders tend to get screwed most - but then we make the most to!! :D

#58     May 9, 2006
  9. I paid about $138 for e-minis only back then.

It's gone up now that I moved to equities.

#59     May 9, 2006
  10. I was talking about my setup: Esignal and TS2000i fro trading the ES.

I have 59$ a month (yearly subscription) and exchange fees 23$.
    So total is 82$ a month.
    I checked these figures with my invoices.
    They are correct for what i trade. I haven't found yet a considerable cheaper solution of the same quality. On top of that my feed is never lagging and i have had perhaps 3 times a problem the last 10 years. As i can't even remember these problems it means they were very small.

#60     May 9, 2006