eSignal RAISING FEE'S AGAIN!!?!?? WTF

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JMowery1987, May 5, 2006.

1. wizardx

wizardx

i tried messing with hyperorder before but can't stand it. there are no instructions to do anything and the support is unresponsive in the forums. i could not get it to work.

does the tssupport adapter integrate really well? i do not want to have to fix this and that all the time.

where can i find information on how to build your own adapter to connect datafeeds into TS2000i?

#31     May 6, 2006
  2. Hi wizardx,

I haven't used TS2000i for many years (well, I have dicked around with it, but have not used it for trading in the last few years), so there has been no need for an adapter (use CQG and TS8.1 + broker feeds these days)

I do not know how good the TSSupport adapter is, but you could probably get a trial from them, and make it coincide with an IQFeed trial to see if that meets your needs.

The Dynaorder dude mentioned that some of the info necessary to create an adapter for TS2000i requires the developer to sign a non-disclosure agreement with TS - hence why the code could not be released into the public domain (yeah right - of course he was trying to sell it). I could be wrong but that is my recollection. Maybe someone here can help you with info about how to build a new feed into TS, or better yet, how to use a current adapter.

Good luck.

#32     May 7, 2006
  3. You can purchase a SDK from these guys

http://www.traderssoft.com/ts/sdk/

#33     May 7, 2006
  4. Yeah, but doesn't the OnDemandServer SDK require that you are already running OnDemandServer? i.e. the SDK allows you to use to write OnDemandServer adapters to feed TS2000i, but you still need OnDemandServer.

Anyway, ODS supports IQ out of the box.

Having said all that, wizardx is looking for info how to build an adapter himself, without running ODS.

[Edit]: Hmmm, maybe you can just run using the SDK? :confused:
    They are asking like just under $300USD for ODS, and a cool $4500 UDS for ODS SDK !!! :eek:

#34     May 7, 2006
  5. tnc$ddc

tnc$ddc

TGM: I'm in the process of opening a TradeStation account so I can cancel my subscription to eSignal charting. I continually have problems with delayed data when running eSignal TICK charts. For the money I spend with them monthly, that's just unacceptable.

My problem is, I need a good realtime data feed for Ensign Windows charts, to replace my eSignal data feed. I also need backup data that refreshes almost instantly, like when I use eSignal's realtime data feed with Ensign. Can you, or anyone else out there, recommend a good realtime data feed for Ensign and a datafeed for bachups or instant refreshes, something that refreshes quickly?

#35     May 7, 2006
  6. Esignal data is a bad joke, but I'll admit I loved the software. I liked the ability to scale the chart by "grabbing" the edge and scrolling, as well as the MP charting. I paid $135 for esig when I used it as a backup. For $135 I received premier, e-minis, equities and index. CQG would be $450+ for the same package, but I'll admit it's an apples to oranges comparison. CQG data is flawless.

#36     May 7, 2006
  7. wizardx

wizardx

how much does cqg data cost? what's the basic package? say you just want datafeed to feed into tradestation. nothing else, no charting software or anything.

#37     May 8, 2006
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

why not take a look at iqfeed with ensign? i read somewhere here that it was a good clean set up.

#38     May 8, 2006
  9. I use Esignal Also we should all close our accounts see if they dont bring there rates back down. Lets start a Esignal strike!

#39     May 8, 2006
  10. tnc$ddc

tnc$ddc

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if iqfeed refreshes fairly quickly with current data?

#40     May 8, 2006