eSignal RAISING FEE'S AGAIN!!?!?? WTF

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JMowery1987, May 5, 2006.

1. TGM

TGM

The man said 800 dollars in one previous posts. I have priced out E-Signal and had it go well over 500. CQG is highly dependant upon goodies and whether or not you are using it for execution. My last package cost 850. Of course the first time I subscribed to CQG it was 1400 a month. Times have changed!

#21     May 5, 2006
  2. Good info. Take away exchange fees and it does appear that CQG is at least 2x eSig. That's what I found as well.

#22     May 5, 2006
  3. traderob

traderob

I was with esignal for three years, and found them pretty good.
    But the price is too high- I was paying $200/month.
    I switched to Multicharts with IB feed and pay now pay nothing. I have to say esignal feed is somewhat better and loads faster- if I could get it for about $65/month (that is including all the exchanges I get with with IB/multicharts ) I would go back.

#23     May 6, 2006
  4. Indeed, CQG is more expensive than eSh*tgnal.

However, it will only take perhaps a few outages (or perhaps hugely delayed data feed for some contracts) in a year to MORE than make up for this.

Of course, if you are trading a $5K futures or $25K equities account, then CQG is probably not for you.

You really cannot compare the products. Having said that, I wonder what would happen if CQG decided to drop their rates or offer another product (lower cost base). Hmm...

What annoys most people however is eSig's shitty pricing structure. To get that you need this... to get this you need that... Ka-Ching all the way... To access data from that region you need the higher priced service, plus a once off fee, plus..., etc, etc... and for f***'s sakes, you need to pay them to use their API !!! Its like "Hello, McFly! Anybody in there?!?!?"
    :D

#24     May 6, 2006
  5. I've found Quotetracker is able to:

a) fill all of my charting needs with loads of customized indicators, numerous ways of displaying Price Action, and totally customizable open-tier display options
    b) allows any number of different data providers
    c) perform like a top tier platform which has 5x its fees
    d) assisted me in designing my customized trading methodology

They pretty much fit the bill for me in determining whether I need to:

a) buy
    c) sell
    d) take no action
    e) close an open position

That's pretty much all I need to take care of when it comes to trading.

Best,

Jimmy

#25     May 6, 2006
  6. #26     May 6, 2006
  7. cmaxb

cmaxb

I had that discussion with their "director of business". For some reason, you never talk to a salesman. The silence was deafening. When I mentioned another add-on service his attention perked up quickly

#27     May 6, 2006
  8. saico

saico

If you're a NT client you might try their discounted Esignal rate. For an example CME Eminis including all fees costs 53$ for the pure Esignal feed.

#28     May 6, 2006
  9. wizardx

wizardx

does anyone know how to connect iqfeed into tradestation seamlessly?

the one thing about eSignal is that it has a nice plugin to do this and it works really well.

#29     May 6, 2006
  10. Are you talking about TS2000i here?
    You'll have to google this, but the dynaorder mob did one (I think this is now gone - the guy wanted to sell the source code - why didn't IQ buy it), Hypertrader has one, and the dudes from tssupport do another.
    I think the tssupport version allows you to connect to TS8 as well.

The problem is that you'll have to get updates/pay for support if/as IQ makes changes to their feed - and if your adapter company goes out of business then you're shagged. I believe there was a right royal F-up a while back with a change to the IQ satellite feed.

The thing is IQFeed should provide an adapter themselves, but being the dickheads that they are they do not give a shit or think there are not enough TS2000i users out there for this to matter. Plus they want to promote prophetX or whetever its called.

I wonder how many potential customers they have lost to eSignal because of this (i.e., no TS2000i support). It shouldn't be that hard for them to write an adapter for one of the feeds that TS2000i already supports anyway.

Shiet, too much common sense for that to happen...

#30     May 6, 2006